“don't stay here”

PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Reviewed June 6, 2007

first off if you left your dentures at this place in the past couple months i might have them!
the desk staff were not very personable, we had no towels in our room and when they gave us some they were varying shades of white and yellow, the hem of the shower curtain was ripped and hanging off and the beds were awful.
i left my clear plastic nightguard behind and was hung up on when i called to see if they found it and sent an email that was never replied to but yesterday June 6/07 a package came in the mail from them but it contained someones partials!!!
awful experience, the Holiday Inn in Venice FL is great tho.

Stayed: April 2007
1  Thank JPetr
There are newer reviews for PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites

Reviewed May 14, 2007

Place looked nice from the outside, but our room was not. It smelled really bad and the bathroom floors were dirty and the rest of the place seemed to not to have been cleaned or not well. The tub was even dirty. It looked like the room had been used and they only made the bed.

I also wanted to use the wireless internet they claimed to have, but it did not work. I talk to the front desk and explained my problem. They said they were sorry, but it did not work near my room. They had been meaning to repair it for a few months. If I wanted, I could go down in the lobby at 11pm and use the wireless there if I wanted. Oh that was so convenient, NOT.

I ask to speak to a manager, but the front desk people stated it would not help and that we would get the same answer to our questions and refused to let us speak to the management.

The management would not talk to us even as we checked out. They did not offer to remedy anything until we checked out. Then they told us we could switch rooms.

The reason we chose this hotel was the internet access that we never received.

I strongly suggest you avoid this place. There are much better places at a more reasonable price, such as Fisherman’s village.

POST NOTE: We wrote to Best Western Corp. and explained our experience. They sent us a form letter stating they are sorry for our experience, but it is an independent hotel. That was all they said.

I will not stay at a Best Western again!!!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
2  Thank Lighthousetec
Reviewed May 5, 2007

After reading some of the other reviews I find it hard to believe that the reviewers stayed at the same hotel....or maybe they're just so important that they feel they should be treated on some higher plane..???

Anyway....We stayed here for a week..the second week in April....our room was on the third floor and not near any canine guests, so I can't speak to that issue...but we never heard any. The room was clean and had a nice view of the Peace River and the park next to the hotel. The people at the front desk were most helpful and always willing to answer questions. The continental breakfast was more than adequate....I ate all I wanted and took fruit and English muffins back to the room for my wife. There was always coffee on during the day.

The hot water was slow getting there, and the pressure wouldn't knock you over, but it was certainly adequate....not like your local YMCA though...

The location was excellent for things in Punta Gorda....a 1 mile walk down the shore to Fishierman's Village.....a two block walk to local restaurants like the River City Grill, and Cafe Ruelle (both recommended). The Restaurant that is attached to the Best Western...Benedetto's is also good, but reservations are a good idea as it is pretty busy.

We had a rental car and this was a good location to either go North or South to see what else there was in the area.

The hotel was clean, and there was always someone cleaning something during the day...they even cleaned the air conditioning louvers whie we were there (these usually get ignored in most places)....

We didn't have any problems, and have nothing to complain about and would/will certainly go back to this hotel when we go back. I still have a hard time understanding all the negative remarks.....time warp maybe..???

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank orphan60
Reviewed April 22, 2007

Can't believe the reviews that I have read. We stayed here over Easter. We checked in early, had a wonderful clean room overlooking the pool. The breakfasts were great, a lot more than a continental breakfast. The front desk was helpful when we asked for a late check our. Computers in the lobby so I could print our boarding passes. ASked for more towels and got them Can't say anything but good things about this place Gail Lofy - Elm Grove, wi

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gaillofy
Reviewed April 10, 2007

This hotel was just plain horrible. It started with the front desk booking us a room that we did not reserve. Our first room had mold in it so we had to leave that room and go to a smaller one. The smaller one had a tv that could not be pulgged in anywhere, no towles, no blankets for the murphy bet...and best yet, the cord for the phone ran under the door so we got all the calls for the other room. At first we laughed about it, but after awhile it was getting old. So you think that that is the worse it can get but it wasn't. I was changing and my daughter was sick laying in bed. All of a sudden a man just walks into my room and I was furious. I called down the manager and she just apoligized but did not do anything about it. Our door would just unlock so anyone could walk in and it happened about 4 times. Oh and i forgot, the hotel was horribly dirty. Overall this hotel was a waste of money and I will never be staying at a Best Western again.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed March 23, 2007

We were on motorcycles and did not plan our stops. One rider was insistent on stopping here....though travelling on a bit north would have been preferred! The fellow at the gas station off I4 suggested moving on: "Why would you want to stay here? It's Florida and there is no beach. The population is 6, so your experience will reflect that." He gave us directions to his version of the best seafood restaurant. His directions were wrong, but we did eat at a lovely place. The waitress suggested this hotel; the insistent stopper understood her to say that it was built three years ago. Wrong! I have to disagree with a prior writer about cleanliness. Our room was filthy. We complained and the fellow offered a vacuum. Uh...I'm not vacuuming on vacation! My husband used two kleenex to blow his nose and attempted to flush them. The toilet backed up. This time the fellow at the desk agreed to come himself with the plunger. (I had to walk down to the desk as the phone there went unanswered.) He simply said, "there you go." There was no apology or offer for different accomodations. The a.m. shower was hopefully going to save the stay. The water ranged from scalding to ice cold and could never be adjusted. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 19, 2007

Warning...check in time is 4:00PM and do NOT try one minute early. You will be turned down! Rooms are a little tired but location is lovely. There is a great restaurant down the street called The Captains Table with great food and lovely location out over the water.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda
Sleep Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte

Been to PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!