All reviews fisherman's village charlotte harbor floor room peace river punta gorda airport hurricane waterfront trent bay walkway pg florida fishing tiki
Reviewed July 5, 2018

I stayed in room 158 on July 4th. When I returned to the room, around 11pm, I found the room to be basically flooded. It appears rain comes into the room at ground level. The carpet was soak, at least 5 ft out from the window. Upon check out on July 5th. I told the front desk about the problem and also the problem with a/c unit, that needs calibrated The a/c would run until it hit desired temp, then the room would warm up to 85 plus,, before it kicked on again. Made for a miserable night. The person at the front desk said she would tell the Manager when she came in, to possibly adjust the cost of the room, or comp it. And she said the manager would call me. No phone came, and the entire price for the room was charged to my card. The overall condition of this hotel terrible, They are in the process of redoing the lobby. They also took away the continental breakfast, with the redo.

Room Tip: get a room in a different hotel
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2018 via mobile

The property is fairly nice in a good location. The room was clean and comfortable and a decent size. However, the customer service is absolutely terrible. My family and I had to stay here 2 nights due to an emergency at our home. My husband asked for a late check out this morning before he left for work at 7am. My kids were up the majority of the night from not feeling well so they were napping this morning. Despite the confirmed 1pm checkout housekeeping came to our door 5 times between 10am and noon. My husband called the front desk to let them he was on the way and hurrying up, they said ok no problem we won’t charge you extra. Housekeeping came again after that and were literally sitting on the floor outside our door. I told them AGAIN my husband was on his way. 2 minutes later housekeeping came again saying I told them we’d be out at 2pm, I corrected them and they left. Immediately after that they called my husband AGAIN while we was driving. Apparently that wasn’t enough for them because they called him one last time as we were loading up the car to leave. Terrible communication, terrible customer service. We will certainly NEVER be back nor will we ever recommend it to anyone we know.

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank JadedJewel
Reviewed June 9, 2018

I am staying at this motel. It is an older motel that they are renovating. We were here two years ago and they were renovating at that time. I thought they would be finished by now. The renovations have been done poorly.

Our room overlooks the water. Beautiful view! The bed is comfortable. The pillows are awful! Your choices are a hard pillow or a lumpy one. It t does have a refrigerator and a microwave. It takes 10 minutes to get hot water for a shower in the morning. It provides breakfast :), if you like carbs. No protein. We ate breakfast out.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 30, 2018

The water front room was filthy, There was "Black Mold" around the bath tub, lights were out in the bathroom, the bathroom door would not close, only one hand towel for two people, carpeting was dirty, the upholstered chair was "wet" and could not be used, the keys did not work and had to be replaced, only one bar of soap the size of a cigarette lighter, the breakfast was coffee and bagels, there was construction everywhere, parking was a mess with dumpsters and trucks and they quoted me a price of $110 including taxes for the night and charged my card $123 and you had to chase all over to find the check-in desk. When I questioned the "overcharge" for the room, I was told that the manager would call me back. That was a week ago...no call. What a nightmare. I would rather sleep in my car than spend another night here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: May 2018, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

This is the worst hotel I have stayed in through all my travels, national and international. No reception, no computer, check-in was done via handwritten list. Half the place is under construction. I found a brown/green toe nail in a towel. The walls are paper thin, which is the worst when you see the type of customers all over this place!!! I'm not allowed to use the correct term here to describe them. Although we won't get a refund, since I booked via a third party vendor, we'll be checking out early, as soon as the sun comes up. Hotel from Hell!

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family