“Watch out for Rebecca the Manager”

PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here recently and the place was OK, but should have known when I treid to call them to get directions an no one answered, there could be some issues with service. When we checked out we were charged a Smoking Cleaning Fee. I asked the front desk about this, and she had housekeeping go to our room and check it. I was then informed, and got in writing that a credit would be made to my already charged card. After waiting more that a week, and at least 4 calls I had no choice but to dispute the charges on my card. Got the runaround every time I called, Rebecca ( Mgr) is the only one who can do this. I spoke with Rebecca and she said she would look into it, then never returned my calls. Again, called at least 4 times and never got anywhere. Woner if the do this to all their customers?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tom S

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Booked a double bed. Wasn't ready or available when we arrived. Only a king was available. So, we had to have a rollout brought up...not to comfortable for one of the quests.
Breakfast was good.

Restaurant was not open due to renovations...didn't see that mentioned when we were booking...one of the reasons we booked this site.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Jan G
Reviewed January 24, 2013

we paid for a dubbel room 65 USD and we got a king size bed.
While I made my check in, some guys were watching football in the lobby and made such a noise that I got angry. But by my surprise it was quite in my room. Desiree from the reception was very nice and helpful.

Breakfast was until 10 o´clock but when I went there at 09:30, they already put it away!

They had to carry out stuff for us again...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Checked in for an extended stay. Wanted a central location within walking distance of shops and restaurants. PG Waterfront is ideal for location. Hotel has been recently rebranded independent - formally Best Western. They are currently undergoing renovation with restaurant and pool closed. Rooms are tired but clean and quiet. Breakfast is included but is pretty basic. Rates are some of the lowest in the area; however, the location is far superior to the local competition. All said and done - you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank jonestr1
PGHOTEL, Front Office Manager at PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

The staff thanks you for your time in writing your review. The property understands our limitations and looks forward to our renovations but appreciates your honest review. The property agrees 100% that we are in need of a renovation and our renovations completion is early summer, but some renovated rooms will be available as soon as late February. The pool is open and the restaurant looks to open in February as well.
It is ultimate goal to delivery a price and product that is fare for all our guest.

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stay in at this hotel every time I am on business in the area. I like the location, price and service? The place is a little outdated but it's being remodeled right now. It's a nice hotel at a bargain price so I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
PGHOTEL, Front Office Manager at PG Waterfront Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time for your review, we appropriate any and all feedback. It is always our top agenda to delver the best stay possible, and through this renovation and through the expansion of the city's waterfront boardwalk there's been several obstacles we have had to face we have always done our best to insure a comfortable stay for all our guest.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I booked on Priceline which rated it 3 stars. It looks pretty worn when you get close. All the surfaces from lobby, halls, and room are old and tired. It hasn't been touched in at least 20 years. Old outdated decor, stained and discolored carpets, thin, flimsy linens...
The attached restaurant is being remodelled so it is closed. The free wifi is worth what it costs. Can't get any connectivity. I had to go floor to floor to find and ice machine that worked. Haven't tried the plumbing yet.
The location, right downtown and walking distance to a dozen or more eating places, and right on the water give this place potential. I think 2 stars is stretching it and I try not to stay in 2 star places if I can get 2-1/2 or 3. I didn't pay much for this place but I would have rejected it, had it been rated more accurately by Priceline. Beware.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank chris b
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I booked a block of several rooms to accommodate out-of-town business associates.

All were happy with the view from their rooms -- the ones who had riverfront views were particularly happy! For some travelers, it may be worth the extra few dollars to secure one of these rooms. The "cityside view" rooms had pleasant views as well.

All reported the rooms to be clean and comfortable; the beds received extra high marks as to their comfort.

Breakfast was deemed "adequate." The waffle maker was broken. The eggs were fairly tasteless. The fresh fruit, coffee and juice was appreciated. There are some really good breakfast places within easy walking or driving distance, so for those who are looking for a breakfast "experience," go off-property; for those who are looking for a quick bite to get the day started, the breakfast is "adequate."

The only other note -- which is not a big deal -- was that there was no channel listing for the TV. TVs are not the newest models -- but who goes to a hotel to watch TV?

We would definitely book with this property next time we are in need of accommodations for our business. It is not a luxury destination, but it is not priced as such.

Room Tip: If view is important to you, it may be worth the extra few dollars to book a room with waterfront vi...