“Disappointed”

Ranked #26 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: Harpoon Harry's is a fun, casual, seafood restaurant with an incredible view! With quality food, and quality service at reasonable prices, Harpoon Harry's is the perfect spot to enjoy the sunset over Charlotte Harbor! It has outdoor seating that is dog friendly. Sunday-Thursday - Kitchen is open from 11:00am-9:00 pm. (Bar open until 10:00 pm) Friday-Saturday - Kitchen is open from 11:00 am-10:00 pm. (Bar open until 11:00 pm) Bands and Special Events will vary.
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Great location and atmosphere on the water. When our drinks came I asked for a roll of paper toweling because there was some spilled drink. There was none at the table. (that is what they use for napkins). The roll never came. We grabbed some from a nearby table. I ordered a meal with 2 dozen shrimp, I got 14. I ordered Cajun seasoning on the shrimp & pasta meal. There was no seasoning on it at all. I can't remember a more disappointing meal. My wife ordered blackened grouper. That was okay. I'd never go back.

There are newer reviews for Harpoon Harry's Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Only tried a few things. Nachos seemed on the lower end of quality, edible but not worth trying again. Grouper basket was good, nothing too great. Hotdog was very large and came with fries for a pretty cheap price and was good.

Nothing outstanding about the food. Service was great and friendly. Nice place to go be on the water and hangout/eat/drink. Only been once but I plan on going again next time Im in town.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Had the grouper basket. It was very good, but not great. Beer on tap was good and cold. They have their act together for serving large crowds. I would have no reason to rush back there since once you have been there it is a case of, been there, done that.

But, as part of a day where you browse the adjoining shops and want some comfort food and a beer, it's worth considering. So I guess if we will go back next year when we are down this way again.

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Interesting menu combinations. I had the blackened crab stuffed grouper with cranberry orzo. The grouper was really blackened not just blackening seasoning which is hard to find but could have used some seasoning. Our waitress was new and needed to be more familiar with menu options. My daughter ordered plain cheese quesadillas and still got chicken. Appetizers come out with the entrees. They did offer to comp the quesadillas due to mixup.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

We went to Harpoon Harry's for lunch. The view was great; it was fun watching all of the boats. The food was not so good. The fried shrimp was pretty "greasy"- so were the onion rings. Grilled shrimp were a lot better tasting. Go for the view- not the food!