“Everyone in our party agreed - TERRIBLE!”

Harpoon Harry's Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #19 of 165 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Harpoon Harry's is a fun, casual, seafood restaurant with an incredible view! With quality food, and quality service at reasonable prices, Harpoon Harry's is the perfect spot to enjoy the sunset over Charlotte Harbor! It has outdoor seating that is dog friendly. Sunday-Thursday - Kitchen is open from 11:00am-9:00 pm. (Bar open until 10:00 pm) Friday-Saturday - Kitchen is open from 11:00 am-10:00 pm. (Bar open until 11:00 pm) Bands and Special Events will vary.
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We expected a great dinner right on the water but we all had a bad experience. My sister said her fish was dried out, brother-in-law said his blacken Cajon style was bland, my husband said his was without taste and mine was cold. Waitperson never asked how our dinners were - I think she knew due to comments of others. My grouper was to be 1/2 pound but it was at most 1/4 pound of cold strips.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,302)

Reviewed April 13, 2011

every year i visit my grandparents during spring break. We ALWAYS make at least one trip to Harpoon Harrys. I have to say that each time we go it seems better than the last time. They serve the best seafood I have ever tasted. There have been many changes and improvements all for the positive. Just about everyone working there has a smile on their face and why not they couldnt work in a more beautiful location. My grandpa and me place bets if the dolphin will show up. He won we got lucky and seen two. I hope everyone who travels thru charlotte county stops in for great food happy service and fun times at harpoon harrys.

Reviewed April 12, 2011

Beautiful place... Friendly bartender at the tiki bar. Had a great sunset dinner and drinks.. Nicole was great and took excellent care of us. Food was good: I had a pot roast sandwich and my friend had the black Russian which was huge. We shared some huge Malibu bucket for a cocktail which was fun.. Overall had a nice fun dinner with a great friend.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

Had dinner at here last night.... What a great place... Sunset was beautiful and we enjoyed dining on the water.. We brought the whole family and a couple friends and had a nice time. The kids meals came with tokens so the kids were kept busy with the video games while me and my friend walked the shops in the village and our husbands enjoyed a drink. It was great to all get to go our separate ways and then enjoy a great drink together. Most of us ordered very simple things to eat: burgers, chcicken fingers, and various sandwiches. It all came out hot and fresh and was average price for waterfront dining. The band started up at 9pm and they were great. Loved the music! Got to slow dance with my husband for the first time in 5 years..... The whole family had a great time. Also got to see the Dolphins right next to our table!!!!!!!!!!! I havent been here in years due to the fact that it is a very busy place but the whole experience has our whole family wanting to go back again next friday. It is refreshing to find a place that the parents and kids both like...

Reviewed April 7, 2011

A pleasant spot if you can get a table by the water. However, the food is very ordinary and the service is really poor. We had to ask our waitress twice about our food. She gave very limp answers and seemed totally unconcerned. Don't bother with this place.

1  Thank polospal