“Great food and Gluten Free options”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pressellers Restaurant - CLOSED

Pressellers Restaurant
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
southwest FL
“Great food and Gluten Free options”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2014

I hadn't been here in years. I had kind of forgotten that the restaurant was a part of it, and the name had changed. They were a part of a cancer benefit so I decided to check them out (again). Man - I had been missing out!!! the first time I went, I asked the waitress if she was familiar with GF, and she was. There were tons of items on the menu. The second time was with a group of people - less than a month later. We will be back. Note-I can't remember her name, but the female server is on it! The male server out back was not in a rush at all, but she was all over it. We will be back!!!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank gatorbait75

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Two Hours of Painful Dining”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

Let's start with the positives....the outside seating had a nice ambiance at sunset with soothing jazz in the background. (Jazzmaster). Beyond that, don't waste your time or money. First, our service was terrible, among the worst, being extremely slow, completely unprepared. We had to ask for place settings, napkins, etc. Each course was late arriving (we actually went in and asked for our dinner) and with 4 different entrees, there was not one good meal to be had with each being extremely salty (unusual)! It also took as long to get the check and when it came you had to figure out the meal cost since they write in the total which includes the tax, on which we don't tip.The final straw was when our Guest Check Presenter with credit cards was thrown on the table and the server walked away, with no thank you for dining, etc, which did not help his tip situation.

As we prepared to leave we could feel the pain and frustration at the next table of 7 (with children). Unfortunately they were on vacation and had to experience this locally.

Net, net.....dine elsewhere

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Jim D
Fort Myers, Florida
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2014

I had purchased food items from this purveyor when they had a booth at the "farmer's market" at Burnt Store Marina. So, I had high expectations when I decided to go to the restaurant for lunch.

Unfortunately, it was a bad decision. I thoroughly enjoy a mature, ripe brie more than almost any other cheese. Consequently, their "Le Brie" toasted sandwich, with turkey, immediately attracted my attention. Turkey, with its inherently mild, subtle flavor profile, should be an excellent protein companion for a triple cream cheese; allowing the richness of the cheese to dominate the combination. In this case it didn't. I'm note sure if it was an actual absence of quality, or if the cheese lacked the maturity and ripeness that gives it heightened flavors. The portion size was acceptable, but I was disappointed by the relative blandness of the experience.

There was only a single choice for a "side dish" - homemade coleslaw. This combination of grated vegetables was extremely lightly sauced and seasoned. The resulting flavor was almost neutral, and not worth a second bite.

I'm glad that I didn't invite anyone to come along with me.

• Visited July 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum! Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2014

We eat here a lot and it is consistently good. It is one of the few restaurants in the area that serve vegetarian and vegan dishes. We usually get the Monet's Garden sandwich on a delicious baguette for lunch. Love it! Sitting in the garden area in the back is very pleasant.
We brought our neighbors in for the first time and they were all pleased with their meals. The meatloaf was a special that night and one of them who ordered it said it was delicious and tasted like homemade.They all said they would be back. I know we'll be back!
The service is good and everyone is very friendly. I also enjoy the art work inside the restaurant.
Thank you for opening in Punta Gorda! We're glad you're here!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank MJ B
“Meh”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

We were fans of the former Table 209 in the same location and that had been owned for a time by the same family. Given our expectations of some fine cuisine, we were sorely disappointed. I had steak that looked very good, but was utterly tasteless minus the hint of vinegar or something akin that it must have been marinated in to tenderize it. My husbands meal was just "ok" - nothing special. Certainly not what we had been hoping for.

Visited March 2014
Jerry P, Owner at Pressellers Restaurant, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
MEH: Thanks for your review. I only wish you would have called our attention to this while dining so we could have looked into the situation. We do not use any marinades on our steaks so it had to be another problem. We would have gladly cooked you another steak. As for your husbands being just "OK" is not our grade level either. We strive to do well all the time. Please do try us again and introduce yourselves so we can discuss this further and buy you a glass of wine.