“A great value and above average food”
Review of River City Grill

River City Grill
Ranked #8 of 163 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 26, 2013

When busy is can be very noisy but the overall ambiance is good. The semi-open kitchen offers a varied menu that that runs from down home soul food like meat loaf and pot roast to more up scale items like Ahi Tuna and great steaks. One of the most popular restaurants in Punta Gorda because of the price performance. The available summer night time BOGO makes RCG well worth the visit.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

In the Summer months you need to ask for the 2 for 1 dinner specials. this is intended to get locals to come in for dinner. However, you need to let them know you want the 2 for 1 when you arrive.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

My 2 grandsons - 10 and 12 - my daughter and i stopped by for dinner on 7/14/13. We drove around Punta Gorda and honestly did not see many places open on a Sunday evening but this place had a crowd. It was clean, neat and the customer service was great. The manager/owner - not sure which - stopped by our table twice to make sure things were fine. I had a dish with lobster, shrimp crabmeat etc, veggies and a salad and rolls for $22, my daughter a steak and the boys burgers. My total was $68.00 plus tip which i thought was very fair. The mean was good and I would definitely recommend this restaurant. On the way out, I took a business card so I could review the place and was immediately asked if everything was OK or if I needed to speak to someone. I explained the reason for my taking the card and the employee smiled. I felt that it was very positive that the employee did not want me to leave the restaurant if there was any issue at all. Many businesses do not realize the importance of a happy customer - this establishment does. We only were in Punta Gorda for one day but very much enjoyed it here.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stopped in for lunch will on vacation. Food was quite good and service was friendly and attentive. Would recommend

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Ate there while visiting relatives in Punta Gorda. This is the place where all the locals go. Very crowded during a Saturday visit, and this is their off season. Service and food were excellent.
Would definitely recommend it.