“great music”

Hurricane Charley's Raw Bar And Grill
Ranked #9 of 163 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Hurricane Charley's Raw Bar & Grill, Punta Gorda's newest waterfront restaurant opened in January of 2014 in the PG Waterfront Hotel on Charlotte Harbor. The sister restaurant to Dean's South of the Border, Charley's offers a full bar on the scenic deck with the best sunsets in Charlotte Harbor. Our menu is eclectic ranging from fresh seafood including gumbo, crayfish, Ipswich clams, oysters and scallops to steaks, sandwiches, burgers, salads & delicious desserts. We offer inside dining or harborside with entertainment seven days a week. Hurricane Charley's is more than a restaurant, it is a historic picture of the 2004 hurricane which devastated Charlotte Harbor, our walls tell the story of a community effort to recover and triumph over the 2004 hurricane which leveled our city.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

I can't wait to get to hurricane charley's today to hear sunny jim and then rob mehl perform...what great music hurricane charley's has!!!!

Dean S, Owner at Hurricane Charley's Raw Bar And Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We appreciate your feedback and we're happy you enjoy our music. Hope to see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,067)

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I don't live in Charlotte county anymore, but I came home to take my mother out for Mother's Day. We ended up at Hurricane Charley's, where we had a fantastic dinner. Our server, Tony, was prompt and efficient. He had an upbeat attitude and a smile that made you smile. The food came out surprisingly fast and tasted delicious. We sat outside, so close to the water that my mom insisted she saw dolphins. I recommend Charley's to anyone looking for a satisfying, laid-back dining experience. Ask for Tony!!

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate your feedback & comments and will be sure to thank Tony for his great service. We're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

This is a nice relaxing restaurant with indoor seating and outdoor seating. Outdoor Tiki theme has local musicians during the day and evening. Friendly staff and good service. Food is just a little pricy especially for the outdoor seating portion. They should encorporate perhaps a "bar menu" with better choices for children and after the main indoor protion closes. Suggestions would be: Chicken strips, nachos and other finger foods geared to those with children or those that can't tolerate seafood or don't have big appitites for large burgers or sandwiches. These can also be ordered later at night while the kitchen is preping to shut down for the night. These would also be welcomed for those that have cut down on their entertainment and dining out expenses. Other than that a perfect place to enjoy a coctail and a nice sunset view to toast another day gone by in paradise.

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your feedback. We are indeed in the process of adding a bar menu to include more munchies as you suggest. We have also added a happy hour 2-6pm M-F. We opened in January during season and have lot's of new things in the works. We're glad you enjoyed your visit and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Went with 7 friends food was passable Service was Great by Stacy.
They have to learn how to fill a martini Glass. I Don't mind paying for a premium drink but fill the glass up. Nothing I hate more then full price for 1/2 a drink

We'll address this at our meeting this week, it's important drinks are correct and consistent. Thank you for taking the time to write this review, we appreciate your comments.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I hosted a dinner for 22 individuals (included were my husband and myself). I met with Bob McCurry', General Manager, Hurricane Charley's, about a month ago to discuss having the dinner there. Since I was turning 80 my children were coming in from various locations so I booked them rooms at the Waterside Inn and Suites and decided to approach Hurricane Charley's for the dinner. Bob McCurry and his staff went out of their way to make sure that what I planned came through. I was able to set up my own menu from the selections in their menu and with Bob's assistance, came out with the perfect choices according to my family and friends who attended the Bash on May 3rd, 2014. The food was excellent and the service was outstanding.
I would recommend Hurricane Charley's for food and atmosphere.

Thank you so much for your kind comments, we're glad you enjoyed your visit and we're honored you chose to spend your birthday with us. I'll be sure Bob reads this, so nice of you to mention him in your review. Happy Birthday & hope to see you again soon.