“Overall - a great experience”
Review of Downtown Gatorz

Downtown Gatorz
Ranked #119 of 164 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American, Bar
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was concerned by the reviews but pleasantly surprised. Upon seating ourselves on the outside patio, we were immediately approached by a server (whose name we did not get) who said she was going off shift but would take our drink order and get us a server. Within moments Alexis came with menus in hand. She was very attentive with a bubbly personality. I ordered the Grilled Chicken Wrap w/ranch dressing and FF and it was delivered very quickly and was very tasty. I cashed out my check and moved to a table near the bad to enjoy the music. I was immediately approached by Ashly who tended to my drinks needs for the next 4 hours. She was also very attentive with a great personality. I would like to personally thank both of these wonderful young ladies for helping to make my evening very enjoyable. Kudos to the chef for the great meal.

1  Thank DBert529

Reviewed April 22, 2014

This is not affiliated with the original Gatorz in Port Charlotte about 4 miles north of this place on Route 41. I could not believe it. Similar food with wings a specialty. Not nearly as good as the original. Some people will steal anything these days. They simply put Downtown in front of the name Gatorz. What idiots.

3  Thank Billytd2
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We just stopped in for drinks after dinner. The wine was terrible! Waitress' were in short supply. They had 1 restroom that I found, it had no stalls, it was a single restroom, which could be a problem if they were really crowed.

1  Thank evergladeslady
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We went on a Friday night and sat inside. The tables and chairs look old and are oddly arranged across the room. Our chips and salsa came with a teeny tiny amount of salsa and the chips were swimming in excess oil. We asked for more salsa after eating about 8 chips, and were told that each additional teeny tiny container would be 50 cents. We asked for 4 more, and that was what it took to finish the chips. The wings were great. They were large and juicy. Ordered half hot and half garlic. We were given styrofoam plates to eat on, which was weird. We had one beer and two cocktails. Would not come here to spend another $46 before tip for what we got. Should've gone to the real Gatorz. This place will not last after season.

2  Thank Mary H
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

Really wanted to give this place a try. Love the one on Port Charlotte. We could smell wings as we came in and knew they would hit the spot. Sat at the outside bar and checked out the draft beer. Unfortunately that is as far as we got. There were 3 girls working behind the bar. Not one of them even acknowledged us, no less offered to get us a beverage. We sat for a few minutes and left. It was Saturday night, the band was playing, but they were really not busy. Now we know why. Very disappointed.

2  Thank MsSalty