“OK for lunch”
Review of Captain's Table

Captain's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 161 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marion Ave
Description: The Captain's Table located in Fisherman's Village Waterfront Mall, Resort & Marina in historic and beautiful Punta Gorda, Florida. Come enjoy the stunning views of Charlotte Harbor with the freshest gulf seafood, hand-cut steaks and dishes from our award-winning chef. It is the perfect pairing of ambiance and seasonal flare.
Southampton
“OK for lunch”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

Having read the recent reviews we were a little sceptical when friends wanted to meet here for lunch. Scanning through the reviews most of the poor reviews seemed to concern dinner so we thought we'd give it a try for lunch. For a sandwich or salad with a pleasant view we would definitely return. The scallop salad was excellent and the club sandwich too big to finish, the grouper sandwich and patty melt we're good. We sat out on the deck watching the dolphins and birds and had a very enjoyable experience.

• Visited May 2014

Cheboygan, Michigan
“Mothers Day 2014”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Went there for Mothers Day, they only had a buffet, no ordering off the menu. While checking out the buffet a lady in line had an issue with the food (I think it was cold). When she complained to the waiter he instructed her go eat someplace else. After hearing this we (4 of us) turned around and walked out. I can't review the food as we didn't eat there but I sure can tell you the staff needs to go to charm school. Will never go there again because of the way that lady was treated.
On the way out we were told us the food had been on the steam table all day and it probably wouldn't be any good anyway. Go figure??

• Visited May 2014
Brittany R, General Manager at Captain's Table, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Please except my many apologies for your disappointing experience with us. We proudly stand behind our core principles of quality food, quality service in a cleaned and maintained environment. Anything less than exceptional is simply unacceptable. We are actively addressing all of these concerns to ensure each of our guests is provided with the dining experience they deserve.
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Not worth the cost of the view.”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Our visiting daughter and son-in-law treated us to dinner at CT last night. We'd requested an outdoor table, but it was 6pm and the setting sun was too bright to be enjoyable, so we moved inside. We had a terrific waiter. The salad bar was very good. In retrospect, I wish I'd made a meal of that and skipped my entree, which was a HUGE SERVING of lobster ravioli that could have fed our entire party of 4 (+ a 2-year old.) I wasn't crazy about it. They could have offered half the amount at half the price. Quality, not quantity, folks. Our daughter ordered the salmon, and I could tell she was so-so about it. All in all, it was a terribly expensive outing and I felt guilty for agreeing to go there. We'd have been happier at Hurricane Charley's. where we've dined twice since they opened!

• Visited April 2014
Florida
“Always Beautiful!”
Reviewed April 29, 2014

No doubt the view is what we LOVE! Inside or outside the view of Charlotte Harbor is extremely encompassing. I made a lunch reservation that was unnecessary. The nice day enticed us to eat outside.
The wait staff seemed confused at first as who was helping whom. Another single diner waiting for a companion got a glass of water and the waiter left! What she wanted was a glass of wine. I told the maître d' that I wanted an iced tea while I waited, and it appeared almost immediately. The other single diner asked "my" waiter to get her wine, and he left w/o going over to ask what kind. She waited again. Another waiter finely showed up to help her.
Our waiter, Ari, was friendly and helpful, but he had no idea whether the lettuce in the salad was chopped. He insisted that it was. My companion and I do NOT like cutting up lettuce and fishing out large pieces. I didn't know this about her, nor did she know that I feel the same way...definitely not a conspiracy of large lettuce haters. When the two different salads arrived, they were tasty, but we both left multiple pieces of lettuce that would have been better on a sandwich! Sounds petty, but it's the same as asking for a steak rare and getting it well. Our waiter cheerfully switched our iced teas to "Arnold Palmers" and made sure we were happy despite the lettuce!
Would I go back, of course! I love the view, but in my sad, past experience I've found water view, roof top, or any "VIEW" restaurant is often inconsistent and expensive. They know they've "gotcha!" Two salads, a French dip and three teas was about $60. with tip. No one cared...we enjoyed ourselves and lettuce was NOT the topic of conversation!

• Visited April 2014
Vero Beach, Florida
“Glad we gave it a second chance”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Dinner with friends turned out to be a fun experience. The atmosphere at captains table is fantastic. The service was excellent. And the wait staff made it a very very enjoyable experience. For an appetizer the Thai Calari was excellent. The Salad bar had great selections and was very tasty. The Cioppino was very very tasty as was the spiced the spiced Ahi Tuna and bourbon salmon. The Chambord roast duck was disappointing so go with the other fantastic choices on the menu. Make sure you go at the right time to enjoy the fantastic sunset. Don't pay any attention to the waitstaff uniforms. The waitstaff uniform should be changed to be more in tune with what they represent which is seafood and the beaches.