“Fantastic View, Nice Lunch”
Review of Captain's Table

Captain's Table
Reserve with OpenTable
Captain's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #21 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Marion Ave
Description: The Captain's Table located in Fisherman's Village Waterfront Mall, Resort & Marina in historic and beautiful Punta Gorda, Florida. Come enjoy the stunning views of Charlotte Harbor with the freshest gulf seafood, hand-cut steaks and dishes from our award-winning chef. It is the perfect pairing of ambiance and seasonal flare.
Fort Myers, Florida
“Fantastic View, Nice Lunch”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Captains Table is located at the end of Fisherman's Village (a nautical mall of sorts) and above Harpoon Harry's (a bar). We had a late lunch on the balcony overlooking the bay/river. What a great view; heard the sunsets were excellent. Service was a bit slow, but this is Florida on a beautiful day. The Crabcake and Cuban sandwiches were very good. The bill for sandwiches, fries, and coleslaw and ice tea was $26.00, which I thought was fair considering the nice outdoor eating area and relaxed ambiance. Couple things to note is that they do take reservations and I would recommend reservations for dinner. Also, it's a long walk from the entrance of Fisherman's Village to Captain's Table. The parking area makes for a long trek. You can drop off diners by driving between the marina and backside of Fisherman's Village. Whoever drew the short straw can make the walk from the parking spot. All in all, we had a very relaxed lunch and very good food. We will return!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank JohnnyK

Westminster, Maryland
“View is their main attraction.”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

A lovely view or the water with a nice outside table area under tiki lights here, but barely fair food and service . We sat inside as it was chilly out on the two times we have eaten here. They specialize in a salad bar, I think, which is good but wow, for $13 if you only get that, it's high priced. Not even an addition of soup (eternally clam chowder) with that salad. Hard to get to, also, as it is crowded with tables, and seating is two levels with stairs so expect to wait in line to serve yourself the salad. Seafood buffet on weekends at just under $30 has crab legs and some clams but most dishes are casserole seafood with mushy sauce served from a warming tray. Menu dishes are also high priced and most are soggy even if ordered baked or grilled. They rely on a lot of sauces to give flavor and stretch the serving size of the fish or seafood. Don't ever order St Patrick's Day special of corned beef and cabbage. Cabbage wouldn't cut even with a knife so you have to like raw cabbage, and the corned beef was luke warm, really dry and tough -- having sat, I think, under a heat lamp for hours. Carrots and potatoes were not even warm. Waitress couldn't be found until the other four in our party had finished eating and they weren't thrilled with parts of their choices of entre either. so we took the meat home to give the dogs. The waitress never even asked about why we had not eaten our meal or how we liked (didn't) it.

2 Thank Fay F
Hudson, New York
“What Happened?”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

I've been to this place a few times and have had great meals. I hope this was an aberration, but I was very disappointed with my New Years Eve meal, First of all, I met a couple friends at the bar before our reservation. I literally sat at the bar for 30 minutes with my friends and was never once asked if I wanted something to drink. I thought I had turned invisible.

When our reservation came, we moved to our table and the disappointment continued. Our waitress was obviously not experienced at all! She appeared totally lost, unsure of herself and confused. It took forever for her come to our table and get our drink orders, she never asked if we wanted a refill, she didn't clear the dirty dishes, she never asked if we wanted coffee or dessert - in short she was horrendous. When I was finally able to get a second drink she left it in front of my friend because "she could reach me"?????

The food was passable. I had the pork shank which was delicios but the mashed potatoes and vegetables were cold. The salad bar was out of practically everything and there wasn't much effort in refilling anything.

Like I said, I've been to this place a couple of times. Maybe it was just the New Years Eve rush but this was pretty shaky in my opinion. The service, both at the bar and at the table, was terrible, the food was average, but the ambiance was great. Thank God for that,

Bottom line - recommend you stay on big holidays unless you like crappy service and bland food.

1 Thank Peter M
NW New Jersey
“Pricey, but good”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Took a chance for dinner on a Saturday night after the Christmas lights cruise with a large family group. Entrees are expensive, but at least our food was good. Vegetables still retained some crunch! (Unlike other places that serve soggy mush.) I didn't like the flavor of the saffron risotto, but everything else was good. They even managed to cook a prime rib to well done (not for me!) without drying it out. We all enjoyed the salad bar. They even had a freshly made caesar salad. And our waiter, Carlos, was very witty.

1 Thank njretiree
Hartford, Connecticut
“View good. Food quality doesn't match price”
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

Apps were pretty good. Six other diners did not enjoy entrees. Pricey. Salad bar comes with entree but on its own is $12.95. Nice view and outdoor patio. Maybe go for drink and app but skip the entrees.

1 Thank Tltravels