“Fabulous Food”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We just dined tonight to celebrate our anniversary and after reading the reviews in the local paper decided to give Piccolo a try. We made reservations which we thought might be a waste of time on a Tuesday night, but to our surprise we would have been without a table without the reservation. As other reviewers have mentioned, the restaurant is very small and simple with a very small menu, really relying on the daily specials. Two of us had the meat Lasagna and my husband had the Veal Parmesan. The Lasagna was super light and delicious and the veal was maybe the best my husband has ever had which since he considers himself a veal Parmesan connoisseur is an extreme compliment. Prices were reasonable and I hope they continue to build a solid reputation and are here for the long run. One suggestion might be to add a little music to break up the customer noise.

Reviewed August 29, 2014

My wife and I had heard good things about the Piccolo Restaurant and decided to give it a try. The first thing of note is the size of the facility, I counted around 20 seats total. They are still going through some growing pains. The wait staff, though very friendly, is not yet up to par, for instance asking for our order even before drinks were ordered or served. The menu is quite small, but that could be a good thing, doing only a few items but doing them well. It took a while for our meal to be served, but this is sometimes a good sign, knowing that items weren't pre-cooked and waiting under a warmer. I had the fettuccini alfredo with chicken which was one of a number of special dishes not on the menu. My wife ordered a 12" sausage and mushroom pizza, which came as a 14" at the price of the 12". Both meals were served piping hot and were very tasty. The owner is very personable and tries very hard to please. We'll be looking forward to another visit. One thing more to note, the restaurant does accept reservations which, I suppose, would be good for customers because of the small size of the restaurant. The owner also indicated that he hoped to soon be open for lunch as well as dinner as it is now. They are closed some days, I believe now it's Sundays and Mondays, but a call ahead would be in order.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Piccolo is easy to get to on Rt. 17 heading northeast from downtown Punta Gorda and great for lunch as well as dinner. The owner is on premises and involved in choices and REALLY wants to make sure one is pleased with their meal. The meatballs are cheese filled and are "the best I ever had". The lasagna is fresh and just right. The pizza is made to order any way you want it. They are on facebook for updates. I will return as much as possible for the BEST Italian food we had in area.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

We made the mistake of showing up without a reservation. At 5 o'clock. On a Friday. They were full and every table was set for a reservation. We decided to wait it out. The food was excellent. The restaurant is very small, nicely decorated, and very cozy -- there isn't much room between you and the next table. So if it's an intimate dinner for two you want, this probably isn't the place. But that closeness lends its own charm too. And we ended up striking up conversations with folks seated around us. Very pleasant evening. The staff were attentive and accommodating as well.

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We made an early reservation and were glad we did because the restaurant was full by 5:00 PM and people were waiting outside. We soon knew why Piccolo is so popular. The food was excellent! The veal parmesan was the best we have had in ages and so was the shrimp fettuccine alfredo. Pasta was excellent with a light, very flavorful fresh marinara sauce. There are only about 10 tables with very modest decor and relatively slow service since it appears to be family owned and operated. However, everyone in our party agreed we would definitely return. The restaurant may have to relocate to a much larger location due to its popularity.