“Very good”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We made the mistake of showing up without a reservation. At 5 o'clock. On a Friday. They were full and every table was set for a reservation. We decided to wait it out. The food was excellent. The restaurant is very small, nicely decorated, and very cozy -- there isn't much room between you and the next table. So if it's an intimate dinner for two you want, this probably isn't the place. But that closeness lends its own charm too. And we ended up striking up conversations with folks seated around us. Very pleasant evening. The staff were attentive and accommodating as well.

There are newer reviews for Piccolo Restaurant

Reviewed August 11, 2014

We made an early reservation and were glad we did because the restaurant was full by 5:00 PM and people were waiting outside. We soon knew why Piccolo is so popular. The food was excellent! The veal parmesan was the best we have had in ages and so was the shrimp fettuccine alfredo. Pasta was excellent with a light, very flavorful fresh marinara sauce. There are only about 10 tables with very modest decor and relatively slow service since it appears to be family owned and operated. However, everyone in our party agreed we would definitely return. The restaurant may have to relocate to a much larger location due to its popularity.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

We had a reservation for 6 PM, arrived 10 minutes early and were seated almost immediately. The restaurant was almost full. We had two of the daily specials veal parmigiana and meat lasagna; both were fantastic. We did not expect fast service as all the food is cooked to order, however we ordered, and finished eating in 45 minutes. It is the best Italian food we have had in a long time. We WILL go back, just be sure to call for reservations as the tiny restaurant has seats for only 22 people.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We were very pleasantly surprised. When we first arrived the place reminded me of a old kfc, once inside we found a very small eating area but almost every table taken, then I knew it must be good.
My husband had tge chicken milanese with soft polenta which was fresh and delicious. I had the clams with freshly made fettuccine in red sauce which was amazing.
I would highly recommend this restaurant, we waited a bit for our food but I guarantee it was WORTH THE WAIT !!!

1  Thank Fionnuala M
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This small new restaurant is in an old drive-through fast food place. I was completely shocked by how good it was. The service was a little confused and slow. We sat down to a full restaurant. We ordered a Caprese Salad and two entrees. The salad took a ridiculous time to come out. However, we were not disappointed. Tomatoes were fresh, the mozzarella was delicious. We waited another half hour for our entrees. My wife had eggplant, which was very good. I had Veal Parmigiana which was the best I've had in years. The homemade fettuccine which was supposed to come out with my dish was delayed so long that I had finished the veal. I ended up taking the pasta home and it was great the next day.

If they can get the service issues resolved, they will have a truly outstanding restaurant.

1  Thank Russell K