“Great Food. Slow Service”
Review of Piccolo Restaurant

Piccolo Restaurant
Ranked #21 of 165 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2014

This small new restaurant is in an old drive-through fast food place. I was completely shocked by how good it was. The service was a little confused and slow. We sat down to a full restaurant. We ordered a Caprese Salad and two entrees. The salad took a ridiculous time to come out. However, we were not disappointed. Tomatoes were fresh, the mozzarella was delicious. We waited another half hour for our entrees. My wife had eggplant, which was very good. I had Veal Parmigiana which was the best I've had in years. The homemade fettuccine which was supposed to come out with my dish was delayed so long that I had finished the veal. I ended up taking the pasta home and it was great the next day.

If they can get the service issues resolved, they will have a truly outstanding restaurant.

1  Thank Russell K

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Been three times before review .all 3 times food was very good .very small menu but what's on it is good .beer and wine available . pizza above average for this area and better then most .finding this little gem is a another story . no this is not a pizza house , but they do offer it .don't be in a hurry here because the food is fresh and cooked to order. so if you looking for fast your going to be disappointed , go to olive garden . worth the wait . most pasta is made fresh daily except spaghetti .

1  Thank jazzyjeff58
Reviewed April 5, 2014

A small place and very busy for supper, but worth the wait. The great food took some time, but good food usually does. Staff does best to make you feel welcome.
Everything is made in house and it shows. I was told it's not as busy for lunch.
They have only been open a few months and are wondering if they should expand to a bigger place or wait until the busiest tourist season is over and then make decision.
Would return!

1  Thank remman
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Second visit. 1st time had Pizza which was good but not best I've ever had. 2nd time we were party of 4, House salad was really a small antipasto & vey tasty. Excellent rolls. Meatball sandwiches ordered by two in party were very good and filling. Meatballs had provolone cheese centers. Mushroom ravioli lacked mushrooms. Spaghetti with Bolognese sauce was very good and a decent size portion . Seats abt 20 inside and about 6 outside. 5PM no problem getting seat, place filled by 6 PM. Didn't see wine on menu and none was suggested by server. Sauce offered on menu is Marinara, Bolognese, Pesto, and Alfredo. If pasta was homemade, I was unaware of it.

Reviewed February 15, 2014

My wife and I have eaten at this delightful little restaurant three times within the past three months (one time we brought her parents along, to celebrate their anniversary). Each time we had a wonderful meal experience. The food is amazingly well-prepared and tasty (their pizza is the best we've found in the Punta Gorda area). The staff is friendly and welcoming. The space is rather tiny and intimate -- inside there are fewer than 10 tables and maybe 4 counter stools, and there are maybe 2 or 3 tables outside. To quote Hemingway, the place is clean and well-lit, and you can carry on a conversation without having to shout. The restaurant is located on Hwy 17 just east of Winn-Dixie (and on same side of road), a couple of miles east of I-75 exit 164.