“BIG SURPRISE!!”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“BIG SURPRISE!!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

While vacationing in Florida, we went to Punta Gorda. I had been in the mood for seafood and wasn't quite sure if I coud satisy my craving. We saw the Village Oyster Bar and decided to give it a try! WOW, to my surprise they had a Shore Platter for $25.00. How could I go wrong, lobster tail,shrimp, oysters and scallops with 2 sides. It was delicious. Imagine me, coming from Gloucester, Ma being satisfied with Florida seafood!! It was a cute little place and our server "Lillybelle" was the BEST!! Very efficient and friendly. I would recommend for familes also.

• Visited March 2013

White Pigeon, Michigan
“Good food good value”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We enjoyed our lunch here. I had the cod sandwich which was very good and a great value. My wife had the lemon cod broiled/baked wich was quite good. The waitress was excellent I think her name was lillybelle or something similar. It was overall a nice outing and good food. This is a good value.

• Visited March 2013
Puntta Gorda , Fl
“Fish at it's finest !”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Seafood in the finest tradition of the fish house on the beach. This restaurant is located in the middle of Fisherman's wharf. The food is in plain fish-house style but at the top of the class.

• Visited February 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Waste of good views”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Terrible and slow service followed by bland and unimpressive food. Oyster stew is just oysters in milk. Conch fritters are just hush puppies. Don't bother.

1 Thank Jgantman
Arcadia, Florida
“Really Good Food and a nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

The Village Oyster Bar is another Punta Gorda tradition which has been around for awhile. It's located in Fisherman's Village and has really good food. The lines tend to be long in season but the staff moves you in fairly quickly and if you sit at one of the outside hi-tops, you don't have to be seated. Most people don't know this so there are always some available. It has fairly typical beach bar food but is far better than most and and also has a pretty good choice of beers. I'd definitely take friends or
recommend it for those taking a first time date.

Visited January 2013