“If u want great food, great service, and a good time you know where to go.”

Monty's Restaurant and Pizzeria
Ranked #53 of 164 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Punta Gorda's first authentic Italian restaurant and pizzeria. Established in 1983. Simply said "the best Italian food and pizza around". Ask anyone! Voted Best Pizza year after year by the Harbor Style Magazine Readers. Happy Hour daily 3-7pm. Lunch specials.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I have a great experience I came in to have pizza. But the server suggested a dinner so my husband and I tried the Shrimp Scampi which was to die for. The server Ashley which was awesome had a great personality, made me feel like we were close friends. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone. Im really glad I tried a dinner instead of getting pizza like we always do. Thanks Old Montys staff for continuing to make great pizza as well as delicious dinners. As well as good luck in the new restaurant!

1  Thank johnsueanne

Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Monty's is a staple of Punta Gorda and a great place for pizza. Whether a quick slice for lunch, dinner with the family, or take out, I'm never disappointed by the food, the value, or the service. I will continue to make this one of my regular spots.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

There are many pizza jointsto choose from, but this is simply one of the best. The first clue that this a NY pizza is you can get it by the "slice'. We have tried many of the things on the menu and they all are very good. The servers have always been most welcoming. Food quality for the money is very good. The location is a little "tired" but at the end of November they move into their new building. if they manage this well it could really make this a top spot to visit in Punta Gorda with family or friends.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

This place was awesome. Some of the best food I've had the whole experience was great. You can't go wrong with anything you order. The whole staff was great and friendly made us feel like we had known them for years. I hope I make it back this way as I will certainly make this my first stop.

2  Thank Kerri H
Reviewed August 24, 2013

We all know that you just cannot beat real, authentic, roadside hole-in-the wall New York City style pizza. Sorry folks NYC wins it hands down! But...Monty's delivers the closest thing to that albeit not on the giant NYC slice size. It has great flavor, an awesome crust and with a little luck the oil runs down your arm. My #1 choice for pizza is Monty's. They also serve an out of sight antipasti salad for two - one of my favorites. I have not eaten any of their main dishes so I cannot attest to their success, but I love their pizza. Reasonably priced, casual - yummy. We go at least twice a month and have since moving here 7 years ago