“Great pizza”

Ranked #60 of 165 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Punta Gorda's first authentic Italian restaurant and pizzeria. Established in 1983. Simply said "the best Italian food and pizza around". Ask anyone! Voted Best Pizza year after year by the Harbor Style Magazine Readers. Happy Hour daily 3-7pm. Lunch specials.
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We just got here for a few week stay, so we went to get a pizza. Monty's is not too far. Friends said they have good pizza. Glad we stopped. The pizza was great. Good prices and plenty to take with us. We will go back and try other things on their menu. The service was good, very friendly and fast. I would recommend you stop in and give a try.

1  Thank Bob0409

Reviewed January 19, 2013

This was our first visit to Monty's. Pizza was tasty and with a nice thin crust and good toppings except for the canned mushrooms. There were plenty of mushrooms, but they should have been fresh. Service was good as well.

1  Thank nickeynoo03
Reviewed December 31, 2012

I'm a retired guy, a resident of Punta Gorda and as such I eat out frequently. My FAVORITE Italian place is Montey's! The staff there treats me like their favorite relative and go out of their way to prepare dishes with a 'special touch' just for me. Dianee can be mighty proud of how well Montey's serves it's customers!

1  Thank JerryMPuntaGorda_FL
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband and I love Monty's pepperoni pizza: the crust is thin and perfectly cooked, the pizza sauce has a delicious garlicky aftertaste, and Monty's doesn't stint on the cheese and pepperoni. AND the PGICA card gives you 10% off! ( be a good soul and leave the 10% in the tip jar, those employees are so nice and friendly). This is our usual Friday night treat.
D. and J. D.

1  Thank doristhegreat
Reviewed December 11, 2012

The manicotti was served piping hot bubbling in its dish of flavorful sauce. Entre was preceded by a salad with House Italian dressing and warm bread.
The second entre was a disaster: spaghetti and meatballs; the meatballs were mealy and tasteless. I've never tasted anything like this! The sauce was unremarkable. Entre was left less than half eaten. We'll be back to try other entres.