“Fantastic Calamari”

Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
“Fantastic Calamari”
Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

This was our 3rd time in 1 year to give this beautiful marina a try. We just had the best calamari we have ever had. It was very different and fantastic. The bartender was nice and did a good job attending to us. Go try the calamari and have a drink. Its enough for 2 or 3 people.

Blanchester, Ohio
“Nice atmosphere, good service, filling brunch, average food.”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

A group of 9 of us took the 1/2 day boat ride with King Fisher Cruise with lunch at Porto Bello at Burnt Cabin Marina, Punta Gordo, FL. It was a beautiful day, so we sat outside with a nice view. When I told the young hostess we had a party of 9, she never smiled the whole time we were there and started throwing tables and chairs around. I felt like she was upset. We were very hungry so was glad to be able to finally eat. The waitress was very efficient and did a good job. It was Sunday so we all got the Sunday buffet for $10.95 each. I got their potatoes, eggs, bacon, sausage, pastry and fruit. I went back later and ordered an omelette. I told the omelette chef I wanted a western omelette. I don't think he understood English. He kept pointing to the different ingredients choices. He tried flipping it, but I could tell he was a novice. Others in my party got the biscuits and gravy and the waffles. We all had the same impression: it was just okay. I thought the pastries was the best thing on the brunch. One of our party thought the fruit and whipped crème was the best thing on the bar. Nice atmosphere, good service, filling brunch, but I would rate the food quality as average.

• Visited February 2014
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Horrible!! BUT GREAT VIEW!”
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Our family came to eat the other night. I'm not one to complain,but the food was cold for most of the table. Plus over priced for the atmosphere I could hear everything that was going on in the bar. I no it's not rhe server fault but she was GREAT! I do believe these people that own this needs to get a clue. Go out to other place in the area to see what the locals and travelers want but that is not it. DEAN'S in Punta Gorda, Sharkeys in Venice, but bottom line is bad owners,management, kitchen cooks. BAD! BAD!

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank wopbastard
Kent
“New management (again) Pleasant experience”
Reviewed January 22, 2014

First time back since August- A new manager very visible motivating staff (not hiding in his office from customers like the last one)
Food very good and all in all a great experience- Hope they can keep up the new high standards!
Sunday brunch buffet great.

• Visited January 2014
CAPE CORAL FL
“Great View”
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We have lived here 6 yrs we keep trying this restaurant and it seems to get worse a great spot wish some one would take over and finally do something with it the food is fair made reservations for 7 people got there and they didn't have our reservation we had to sit inside hope they get it together

• Visited November 2013