“Fresh”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The restaurant is smaller with a limited menu. However, everything is extremely fresh and prepared to order. The shrimp appetizer was incredible along with the fresh black bean salsa that was a dinner side. The owner came to our table several times and was very accommodating to the child at our table. I enjoyed a very nice Chardonnay with fresh shrimp for dinner. In our party we had 4 adults and 1 child. Everyone enjoyed the evening and freshly prepared seafood.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

Tortugas has a very nice menu and everything we enjoyed was deliciously prepared. The house wine was just okay and we'll try something else on our next visit.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Being a local, I have been meaning to try this fairly new restaurant to the Punta Gorda scene. Frankly, it is tucked away in a smallish strip center just south of the downtown area so it is easy to overlook.

There were three of us including my 87 year old mother so we decided to give this place a try for lunch. We found it to be good with a nice interior and it was exceptionally quiet. Mostly because we were the only patrons in the restaurant for most of our meal. This is a seafood restaurant so, of course, that is what we ordered. The crab cakes were good, but not terrific. Mostly fill with not very much crab meat evident. Also ordered were the muscles as an appetizer and they had a good flavor but again, only ok. Our bill came to $60 including tip. For Punta Gorda, that is quite expensive for a luncheon experience. Service was good but, it should have been since we were the only patrons for most of our stay. This restaurant is probably worth a visit but be prepared to spend a bit.

1  Thank 13SpecialK
Reviewed April 13, 2014

A different menu from a normal brunch. Smoked salmon eggs Benedict. Fantastic. Grits with cheese. Banana bread French toast with real maple syrup. A double sided brunch menu of different items that I can only imagine to be as good as what we had. We will be back to try more. Highly recommend.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

During our last night in town we wanted to have a nice seafood dinner. We found this place on TripAdvisor (otherwise we never would have seen it!) and went with our family.

The food was delicious. We got the buffalo fish bites for an appetizer and they were delicious (though a bit pricey for the quantity). I had the fish tacos and they were the best ever! My husband had the seafood platter which was great, though he raved the most about the crab cakes. We were very happy with the quality of our food!

This place isn't really kid-friendly. With no kid's menu, the kitchen was willing to come up with a few options (this seemed normal for them, making me think they purposely didn't have a kids menu.) If we go back, I won't bring my kids. It's not really a family atmosphere.