“Fresh and delicious, but left hungry.”
Review of Tortuga's Seafood Restaurant - CLOSED

Tortuga's Seafood Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Went to Tortuga's for a late lunch. We enjoyed the conch chowder tremendously....had a kick, but not overbearing. My husband ordered the grouper basket and raved that it was the best he ever had, but disappointed in the amount of food....3 average to small grouper fingers, 3 potato wedges, a small half-cob of corn for $15. seemed a bit high. I had the crab cakes...again, very good flavor, but 2 very small crab cakes and a choice of a side or small side salad for $12.99. I was also disappointed that for the price they weren't jumbo lump or at least lump crab cakes. Our bill was $36. plus tip....too much to pay to leave hungry.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

The grilled shrimp taco's were the best thing I ate while spending a week in the Punta Gorda and Fort Meyers area. The shrimp was very fresh and the seasonings were perfect. One of my friends ordered the blackened fish taco's and she said they were delicious and very fresh too. I had the coleslaw as a side that was very fresh and she had the blackbeans. After tasting my coleslaw she had a little "coleslaw envy". Our other friend had the quiche and she loved it as well. It is not a large restaraunt but I would get it to go and eat in my car if I had to! I told my friends that I would be craving the shrimp taco's when I got back to Illinois and on my second day back I am already missing their delicious shrimp taco's!! Hats off to the owners and the staff for a job well done.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Small stale overcooked piece of corn-no butter provided. Cod plate with a pale covered batter that was tough to cut thru. Fish taco on a tiny wrap that couldn't be put around the fish. Root beer is horribly sweet. Cole slaw was tasteless. Service was good. We will always check trip advisor before we dine out again.

1  Thank pabell
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Looks like a tiny diner, maybe 10 tables? Very rude on the phone, and walking in the theme continued. I can completely understand a wait, however the kitchen staff seemed to be completely unorganized and stressed. Smelled good I guess.

2  Thank doreme02
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Ate there on a Wednesday night. We ordered fish tacos, conch soup, seafood in pasta with vodka sauce, and grouper basket.

All were great. Total bill around $90 (no liquor).

Service was good.

Will plan to eat there again.