“ONE OF OUR FAVORITE PLACES TO START THE EVENING”
Review of Jack's on Marion - CLOSED

Jack's on Marion
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: OPEN 7 Days a Week for Lunch and Dinner! Elegantly casual dining. Bar open Late! Dine inside or outside in a Bistro like atmosphere. F.M. Don's Check out the calendar for live music and local entertainment! Large Groups Welcome! Private room for up to 45 available.
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I eat out quite a bit and Jack's on Marion is typically the place we start off our weekend evenings. We always see someone we know when we walk in the door. The food is always great and the service even better! It feels so good to walk into an establishment and have the bartender know exactly what you drink and have it ready before you ask for it! The staff is friendly and very attentive. Just keep in mind when ordering...leave room for dessert! The best there is! Thanks, Jack's, for helping make Punta Gorda the best place to live and eat!

Reviewed August 18, 2013

The first time we went for pie and oh my was it good. Than we went back for dinner. I got the crab cakes, daughter got the steak and green beans. The steak was like eating butter, so tender. The green beans were also great. Will be eating here again.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

My waiter suggested , the Bacon Cognac sauce for my steak ,I'm not one for a sauce on my steak, he talk me into it , Oh my god , you must try , never in my life have had something so delicious , its a must , 5 stars for the chef and waiter ,his name was Richard , very professional, attentive ,funny, great personality, true professional , ask for him, will make your dinning experience , a true experience ,Be prepared to dine , not just eat and run

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited on August 4th while staying in Punta Gorda for a long weekend. My wife had the haddock (fried lightly then baked with crab meat and a lobster sauce) and said it was one of the best meals ever. The seafood calypso soup and seafood platter were also very good. Large portions at a reasonable price.

Bill M, Owner at Jack's on Marion, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Thank you, we really appreciate your review and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Looked for a nice place to meet a friend from Sarasota midway from Naples.The geography worked out but the place was mediocre. Basically it's a bar with some booths and tables. It had basically no decor or ambiance to speak of. My fish sandwich was undercooked, and my two companions Asian salads were bland and tired. Our server didn't know much about the menu items or the area. Should have stayed on 75 all the way to Sarasota!

2  Thank ottolag
Bill M, Owner at Jack's on Marion, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

I am sorry you didn't have a great experience. We value all of our customers comments and use them to improve our service. We would respectfully disagree with your assessment of the restaurant and TripAdvisor. We do hire new servers occasionally and they our sometimes new to the area and don't know all the highlights of Punta Gorda. Much like your first job they have a period of time before they will be able to tell you everything about the menu. That said I am very proud of the excellent service that they all give, and the same goes for the kitchen staff. Remember TripAdvisor is a compilation of numerous customers and not something we put on the site. As you can see from the reviews most feel differently about the experience. Wish you would have asked to see a manager so we could address your complaint.