“Not exactly what I had in mind.”

Fishermen's Village Resort
Tulsa
“Not exactly what I had in mind.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on Thursday for our 3 night stay. They rolled up the streets about the time we arrived. Friday and Saturdays were much better but the stores close early and there wasn't as much activity as we hoped for. Still a fun time, love that the music starts early on Friday and Saturday. Food was just ok in fishermans village. Friendly and helpful staff though and that is better than a great place with rude folks.

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Beth K
FishVille, Resort Manager at Fishermen's Village Resort, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I have to agree with you that Punta Gorda does not have a lot of night life. As a smaller, older town, most things do close early, especially during the summer.
We are happy to have free, live entertainment on Fridays and Saturdays from 5-9 pm. And, Harpoon Harry's typically has live entertainment starting at 9pm and going till late at night. We would love to have you stay with us again; give us a call and we can let you know when some fun events are happening here at the Village.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Thai first
Corpus Christi, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Overall it was a decent condo with small kitchen. However, on Saturday night the bar at the far end of the resort has a great time and band. Very loud until 2a.m. I won't stay in any of the end units on Saturday.
Next the complex was hit with a hurricane in 2004. Insurance pays to repair but somehow they kept the 1970's enterior décor. It's like stepping back in time to a new 1970's condo! I had to laugh. That is hard to pull off.

Room Tip: Get a room close to the office and far away from the bar at the opposite end.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Gilmorez
FishVille, Resort Manager at Fishermen's Village Resort, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us!
Harpoon Harry's does have a rocking good time on Friday and Saturday nights. The trade off for the noise is the great view you get at that end of the pier.
Sorry to hear that you did not like our décor. We were remodeled in 2004-2005; however, we are currently working to replace some of the living room furniture to update our look. We hope that you will come back and check us out!
Florida/Ny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

Even though I live about 12 miles from this resort, it is an escape for me after volunteering "during season" and never having a moment to myself for 4 months! Once at Fishermans Village, I sit out on my terrace, have a leisurely morning enjoying my breakfast made in the immaculate kitchen and then taking a swim, or a bicycle ride or a little cruise out of the marina. Nightlife is wonderful at Harpoon Harry's where I can watch a baseball game or listen to live music...good bar food. The staff is very helpful and the unit is very roomy, with a loft that is perfect if you have a child that "wants his own space"! The shops are alittle pricey but fun to go through....the cupcake shop is yummy and the ice cream shop has a nice variety of low-fat and sugar free treats! The grounds are well kept and parking is convenient. Fishermans Market is best restaurant there for seafood and the free concerts in the center of the walkway promenade is an added bonus. Met interesting people there and wi-fi in office was convenient also. Every year, I de-stress there and it is a great staycation for this Floridian!

Room Tip: Try to get a room closer to the office as the middle of the walkway has great entertainment at night...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
We are so glad to hear that you enjoy your time spent at Fishermen's Village! Harpoon Harry's and the other restaurants are perfect for winding down and enjoying some good food. The new additions of Simply Sweet and Island Life Yogurt provide yummy "sweet treats." We look forward to your return next year!
Eve Sweeting
new jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Spent a week here with my hubby and 2 kids. Filty room. Even was offered to move me but all the same. Mold in bathoom, door hits toilet when opened. Cob webs on ceiling and light fixtures. Ceiling leaked on daughter head during rain one night. Furniture is old and raggy. Couldn't do anything about it cause office closed at 5. Can't go for dinner later than 8:30 since only decent rest closes at 9. Not a hopping place at all if you can figure that one out? This should not be offiliated with Interval timeshare. Was told on phone that this place was nice and clean by the resort! I do ask many questions when booking vacations but this was so misleading. Nicest thing was driving into a nearby town to eat late if we wanted. Beach that is best about 50 mins away! Sarasota. Would not ever come here again. Unless the mngmt sends you pix of all new rooms...stay away!

Room Tip: all the same. There aren't any otherwise we would have moved. We were shown a few but no differe...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank leegeeNewJersey
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

We have a timeshare at Fishermen's Village and just love the week we get to spend there. The shops are so fun to visit and the restaurants are wonderful. Coming from Nebraska we really enjoy the seafood. Our favorite food in Fishermen's Village is the Coconut Almond Joy ice cream made by Big Olaf a Florida based business. We had this ice cream everyday as our lunch. Our room overlooks Charlotte Harbor where we saw dolphins playing. There is so much to do in Punta Gorda. The historic downtown, the Peach River Wildlife Center where injured birds are given a home and health care, the Nature Walk, the Antique Mall to name just a few. Fishermen's Village offers entertainment and craft fairs and farmers markets. We also attended a concert night at Gilchrest Park which is just down the street.
All this in a week!

We had a great time and can't wait until next year to visit. Thank you all. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: I think they are all good rooms
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Harriette G
FishVille, Resort Manager at Fishermen's Village Resort, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our Resort. There are so many wonderful things to do both on-site and nearby. Peace River Wildlife is one of our favorite local wildlife refuges and the Guitar Army in Gilchrist Park on Thursday is a musical treat for visitors and locals alike.
We look forward to your next visit with us!
Utica, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2013

I just got back from my FIRST of MANY future stays at Fishermen's Village. Back in February I was visiting friends at Fishermen's Village. They showed me an awesome & unique resort. No pun intended... I was instantly hooked on Fishermen's Village. I stopped by the office inquired about purchasing weeks. The staff gave me a listing of weeks for sale, a map of the grounds and lots of helpful information. All the staff I spoke with were very helpful. After a few phone calls before I'd left Florida I had purchased 3 weeks at Fishermens Village. Excited to share them with my kids. I booked a week in April to show them what I bought. My son 24 loved it so much he too bought 3 weeks. My 21 year old daughter enjoyed all of the shops. We ate at all of the restaurants and little eateries.All very reasonably priced. We took a boat harbor cruise to see some of the many sights. Well I could go on and on but I'll sum it up like this. One morning I was purchasing the paper and a cup of coffee. A woman asked me if I was staying here. I replied yes and its my first time. She told me that she stays here often and loves it. She said " It's like being on a cruise ship!" That stuck with me. And its true! How many time shares and or resorts have what Fishermens does??? Come see for yourself and HAVE FUN. We did!

Room Tip: It's not just for "snow birds" Great family fun.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Bill B
Bill,
I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We are happy to have you as owners. In December, remember to voyage out on the Holiday Canal Cruises! We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the Village.
Eve Sweeting
Zephyrhills, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

WE stayed with friends from Buffalo New York and they loved it to. No it wasn't the ritz but it was homey with CHARACTOR! I am very pickey about the way I live but while on vacation I don't want to worry about lounging on the furniture or having fine china if thats what you want then go to one of those stuffy snobbish places where you can't walk out of you condo in your jammies and go to your car, it was very comfy. Like I wrote on the sheet I returned at check out " it was clean enough to be healthy and dirty enough to be happy". I would come back again and feel at ease bringing my grandkids. Thank you to the staff they were GREAT!!! Bob,Gigi,Bruce and Ann

Room Tip: If your there to stay indoors pick a room with a view if your there to enjoy everything thats in the...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Budget Inn
Budget Inn
#7 of 7 in Punta Gorda

Been to Fishermen's Village Resort? Share your experiences!