Fishermen's Village Resort
$94
Travelocity
$62
$67
All reviewsjust returned from a weektime shareliving roomcenter courtfull kitchenwildlife sanctuaryold floridabeach chairsa queen size bedmilitary museumjack and jilltimeshare exchangeponce de leonpool waterlots of interesting shopsnoisy at timesinteresting place to stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This was a timeshare swap for us. The unit was fairly clean (it was 10 days before we got a clean). Two bedrooms, one with a loft over which is only really suitable for kids/youngsters to climb and does not give privacy. Beds were very comfortable. Jack & Jill bathroom shared by both bedrooms, could possibly cause problems for 6 guests. The lounge/diner/kitchen is large. All the units are above the shops in Fishermens Village. Most people loved it but we found it a bit far from the beaches. There is nowhere on site to buy provisions. We loved watching boats go to and fro, also the Rays, Herons and Dolphins around the bay. Sunsets were wonderful. The swimming pool is not huge and located on the edge of the car parks. Punta Gorda is a long walk but enjoyable.

Room Tip: Choose a room over the bay.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caprio
Reviewed July 10, 2012

My adult daughter and I took this timeshare week as getaway during her summer vacation from her teaching job. I am retired. Fishermen's Village is one of the most unique places I've visited since buying my timeshare in 1983. The resort itself is older but the condo was very nice and clean. The view of the harbor is fantastic. We enjoyed the live music and it stopped before bedtime so we rested well. We visited all the shops and took several excursions around the area as we both like photographing nature. We went to Cabbage Key Island, Ava Maria, Naples, Gasperillo and Boca Grande. My daughter likes to power walk, and the areas is great for walking. The weather was actually cooler than at home in North Carolina this particular week. We planned most of our excursions in the morning. The last few days we were there we had afternoon thunderstorms. The layout of the condo is different. The loft goes up through the master bedroom and there is no ceiling the allow privacy. This was not an issue for us however. The one bathroom is adequate, but would be inconvenient for more than two people. Lots of local as well as chain restaurants. There was even a mall near by.
We thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The security staff were very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: All condos are on the second floor, but there are elevators. Laundry room available, but you must get a card from customer service. Our room had a perfect sunset view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank shutterbug1949
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The unit itself was large. Two bedrooms and a loft. The kitchen was good size. The bathroom was tiny, but there was a dressing room/make up area separate.
The downstairs shops and restaurants were cute; we did lots of shopping. The best restaurant was the Fish Market; great view, above average food. Harpoon Harrys was noisy and the food was average, but if you like that noisy, bar-ish; the view was great.

We arrived after 5:00 pm and the office was closed, but there is a security phone right next to the office, and the security officer arrived in a timely fashion to check us in. I would suggest that they have a packet of activities in the units so that if you get in late, you still have options of choosing activities. We missed a Farmer's Market that took place on Saturday as there was no information about it available.

Oldies music piped in til past 8 pm; I found that annoying. You could hear it from your room, over the t.v. sound.

Not on a beach! The closest beach was probably 30 minutes away! Be aware!

One night we happened to go to the wine tasting at the Fruit Wine shop downstairs; the owner was fun and talkative and helpful. Good deal, 6 tastes for $3.00. We also went to Charles Salon and had pedicures! My husband loved it and so did I; we got a 10% discount for the fact that we were staying at the resort.

We took a sunset cruise one night, it was too cloudy to see the sunset, but we enjoyed the boat, and the view. We booked a day cruise for later in the week, but I became ill and wasn't able to go, and the owners were very kind to refund the entire cost of the trip.

Important to have a car if you go here.

Putz alert!!! The coffee shop in the mall downstairs is called "Ornery Attitude". The owner was a jerk! I was wearing a political t shirt; I think he was attempting to be humorous when he said he wouldn't serve me because of who I supported for President, but then he got nasty and told me he felt "sorry for me". It got uglier, which was amazing to me.

We decided to go to a local coffee/cupcake shop or the Starbucks from then on. The cupcake shop is awesome; great coffee, good cupcakes and they serve alcohol as well. (In Your Face Cupcakes). I complained about the guy to the owners/managers of the property and they said it was one of many complaints they had about this man. He was a fool to be rude to a customer; we were there for a week and I have to have my coffee daily!

I wouldn't go back there, but it was okay for an experience. Not much to do, really, unless you are a fishing person, I guess.

Room Tip: See if you can stay away from the "Harpoon Harry's" side; noisy all night!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sherylgi
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed 1 wk in a time-share swap. So, normal cost unknown. This facility is located a few blocks outside of dwntwn Punta Gorda; in a residential area. It would be too far to easily walk, unless U had lots to time. The building is perhaps 2 football fields long. It is a long rectangle extending out into the bay/harbor, on solid ground. There is a marina on one side and a small bay on the other side. The condos are all on the second floor. They are located above a popular shopping area below. Some condos run along the main walkway below; others, like ours, ran perpendicular to the main walkway; but still above shops/restaurants. These are probably quieter. There are restaurant/bars and typical tourist-type shops. There was a good crowd each day in the shopping area. There is piped in oldies musak. There are white-haired people everywhere. Hey ... this is Florida. This seemed to be the principal local tourist shopping area. There is little shopping in dwntwn PG. Most shops here, closed by abt 7 or 8 pm; so there was little noise at nite. The one major exception was Harpoon Harrys, a popular bar/restaurant, located at the extreme, bay/ocean end of the building. Harrys stayed open much later, into the nite. There was a sign asking motorcyclists to keep the noise down when they entered/left. But, there were many we heard blasting away. It seems many cycles dont have mufflers; or its old guys stlll stuck in Jr High Schl development mode. So, get a condo away from Harrys. We did not hear anything abt 100 yrds away. There is a nice, smallish pool and tennis courts.

Our condo was located abt dead center of the building. It over-looked a stage/gazebo and community gathering place. There was some free, live musical entertainment that ended by 9pm, 2 or 3 nites of the wk. The condo entrance looked out into the bay. The back end had a balcony, that also looked out into the bay. Shaded in the afternoon. Very nice view. Various sections of the building were painted in complementary pastel colours. Unfortunately, the white trim painted areas were badly peeling. They need to get on that.

Friendly, helpful, staff. There was an optional, early wk, brief talk abt local attractions and activities. We found it helpful. There was a free hamburger/hotdog cookout; later in the wk ... very nice touch. New washers and dryers were installed the week we were there. Condo guest parking was on one side of the building. It extended just short of halfway along the building. There was some handicapper parking a bit closer to midway. So, if U have mobility issues, get a condo in the front half of the building. I think there were abt 5 stair wells located along the building. There were at least 2 elevators; one near the condo office at the front; the other was abt 1/2 way down along the building.

The condo itself was quite large; rectangular in shape. Kitchen area just inside the door. Counter w/ bar stools. Kitchen lacked a cutting board and coasters; but we did not ask abt it. 4-seater round dining table. Convertible couch and standard loveseat. The loveseat had seen better days. Nearly sank into the floor upon sitting down. TV had a DVD player; both worked well. The 2 bedrooms w/ a separating bathroom; ran the length of the condo; along side the common living areas. 3 quiet ceiling fans; one in each bdrm, and one in the living rm area. Provided good cooling. Very quiet air conditioning. One bedrm had a ladder to an overhead loft w/ a futon, sml table lamp. The loft over-looked one bedrm and the common living area. So, sound and vision was shared amongst these 3 areas ... limited privacy/quiet; except for the bathrm and other bdrm. Bathrm had doors on each end; and another door to the toilet and shower/tub. The toilet paper was the unusually narrow and see-thru thin, institutional variety. We bought a conventional roll locally. This bathroom was quite small; only 1 sink. The shower/tub, appeared to be an upgrade. Good pressure/temps, but a bit dark, and the shower head was low on the wall for taller people.

This was a pleasant facility. Perhaps, a notch or 2 above a middle-grade accommodation.

Room Tip: See review. The local library was heavily used. It opened at 10am; and the parking was full by 10:30. There was a good sized computer room; maybe 12 to 18 PCs.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank SpartanTrvlr
Reviewed January 26, 2012

My husband and I were guests of an owner of one of the timeshare units at Fishermen's Village this past week and what a relaxing time we had! The unit itself was comfortable and roomy. The bathroom had a tub with shower, toilet and then a seperate vanity area. Still very nice. We had the choice of either eating out or dining in - full kitchen area with dishwasher and all of the kitchen essentials. The balcony was perfect for four people and ours overlooked the harbor. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Shops were great and what a great way for exercise! Pool was very refreshing and comfortable! So glad we decided to go! Matter of fact, really thinking about getting our own unit for a week as a timeshare! Would highly recommend Fishermen's Village to everyone! Randy and Miracle

Room Tip: Good tip would be to ask for harborside - unless you like sunset - then sunset side is perfect for romantics!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank Randy M
FishVille, Resort Manager at Fishermen's Village Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. So glad that you enjoyed your stay! I hope that you come back to visit again. We would love to have you become owners at our resort.