“Great Breakfast Place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed February 3, 2014

We were looking for a local breakfast place when staying in Punta Gorda, This one was within walking distance of our hotel. My husband had the biscuits and chipped beef gravy. The portions were large and he said very good. i enjoyed my vegetable omelet, They were very good and getting me just what I wanted. it was so good we returned again the day we left and had a great filling breakfast again.

1  Thank jilly618
There are newer reviews for John Ski's House of Breakfast and Lunch

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We would have never thought to order crab meat for breakfast, but it was highly recommended by our waitress. My wife and I shared the jumbo crab meat omelette, and it was delicious. Our kids had pancakes and were very happy with the taste and portion size. A great place for breakfast.

1  Thank Terry B
Reviewed January 5, 2014

My wife and I decided to try John Ski's the other day. We were impressed by the large number of selections and interesting sounding choices. The Crab Lump Omelette was incredible, with silky smooth cheese grits on the side. The omelet was so big, I had to take some home. My spouse loves sausage gravy and biscuits, and LOVED her meal, though she could have used another quarter cup of gravy. Service was prompt, friendly and helpful in describing the menu selections. We had a question about the soup of the day, and our server offered a "taste sample"-- a VERY NICE touch and too rare. We will go back to try some other interesting sounding items.

Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stopped in for a late breakfast on New Year's eve, and our foursome had either breakfast or lunch items. All were very good and portions were perfect for those of us on the hungry side. I only wish there was real maple syrup for the terrific pancakes, but that's only my preference as being brought up in New England. Although the interior was generally nondescript, it was pretty clean and taken care of overall. Service was very good as we saw other waitresses helping each other. Attitudes and demeanors of everyone from the cook staff to the cordial cashier all were very pleasant. When the food is good, and the workers are pleasant and smiling, it goes a long way toward making it a great place to eat. We'd recommend this place for sure.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had the most amazing breakfast here on the first day
we had a amazing Greek styled omelet with a side
of grits smooth as silk. Day two there were pumpkin pancakes
that were customized with pecans and of course
fresh squeezed Florida orange juice.