“Won't Make that mistake again! Place has went downhill!”

K's Family Pizzeria and Restaurant
Ranked #57 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Ordered a large supreme pizza, which was not on the carry out menu, but asked and the person on the phone and they said yes they have a supreme style pizza. Also ordered an a large Antipasta salad.

Pizza was delivered 15 minutes past the estimated time of 7:45 p.m.
The pizza topping was good even though the cheese on top was near totally (75-80%) a dark brown.
Then we noticed it was overun by grease basically oozing from it. The pizza crust was a sponge for the grease and as limp as a wash rag. The parchment paper it was on glistend from grease covering it. The eight pieces it was cut into was impossible to handle because it was so limp from the grease it was strickly a knife and fork meal.

The salad was ok, needed more seasoning, it was bland. The dressing was made up of only oil and no decernable vinegar. I'm not sure it was even olive oil. We hadn't bought from K's in several years although we had numerous times in the past but our kids pushed us to other pizza companies. At this point I also want to make an observation I made when my wife in a rush brought home a Wal-Mart, yes believe it or not a Wal-Mart bake yourself supreme for $8 I think. It was very very good. We still get those at times. Less than half the price and many times better than K's.

The picture was taken the next morning. Notice the grease and cheese browing.

There are newer reviews for K's Family Pizzeria and Restaurant

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I used to live near K's and ate their several times a month. I now stop by whenever I am in town. Love the pizza, has never been salty as one reviewer said and I have eaten hundreds of them.
Great ingredients, freshly made. Salads are great too.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had this restaurant recommended to us so went for supper with another couple. Great service, very attentive and sincere. The chicken shish kabob was overcooked and was served on overcooked watery rice, greek salad was nothing special. I asked for dressing on the side, and was presented with a bottle of vinegar, and a bottle of olive oil- bad presentation and not the dressing served on 2 other greek salads at the table. All this for $10.95..No one else was very impressed with their food (aegean chicken salad; and chicken parmesan). The pasta served with the parm had also been sitting in water and was water-logged, served with runny sauce. Surely they can do better than that. The prices are high for what you are served. The pizza prices seem high- $21.95 at the high end for a pizza seems a bit much. We had hoped to be discovering a local gem, but were very disappointed and won't be back. Bella Napoli and Donato's are still the finest Italian in the area.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This small, family run restaurant specializes in Greek and Italian dishes and everything, I mean everything here is made fresh and with the best of ingredients. No more dishes pre-fixed and loaded with preservatives. Food does not sit for days waiting for you to buy. The traditional Greek salad is excellent; Mediterranean salad is superb with high grade feta cheese, almonds and tender, moist chicken strips and served with a hot loaf of bread. Sovolaki or Gyro sandwiches are specialities as are spinach pie or shih kabobs -- all with fresh ingredients. A large selection of hot grinders -- made to order. Pizza dough is homemade and made daily, and the beef used for hamburgers or spaghetti meatballs is prime A beef. Spaghetti sauce and daily soups are homemade and wonderful. No, I don't own the place, nor am I related any way to the owners. I just love going there to eat often and the owners do make me feel welcome. It is not fancy, but oh, so comfortable and pleasant and clean a place to eat. Plus, I like keeping the money LOCAL which doesn't happen with chain restaurants.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Did try their large cheese pizza.. did not like the crust.. and for me it was too salty.. but it is a small local place that does deliver.. I will try them again for something other than the pizza.. salads looked very good ... and the other items I did see looked okay also...