“Excellent!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions
iowa city, ia
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

We visited around 4:30pm on Saturday, June 7th. We made this our 1st stop after checking in to our hotel and a short walk to Sandra's. From the website I saw they were closed Sunday, Monday and Tuesday over the summer. So our only option was our 1st night. I am so glad we visited! We were greeted by Sandra, seated and attended to right away. Our waitress was wonderful. She told us about the Saturday dinner special. 2 dinners for $35. No way we could pass that up. What an amazing deal! My wife and daughter went with the 2 for $35, while I went on my own. Along with the Saturday dinner special you get a choice of a bottle of wine or 2 beers for each persons order. Fantastic! My wife and daughter had the Wiener Schnitzel, I had the Jager Schnitzel. Everything was delicious. Between the 3 of us we had sides of German Potato Salad, Spatzle, and the 2 bread dumplings. All were great. I really enjoyed the German Potato Salad. It was thinly sliced and done just the way I prefer. The side salad with the meal, along with the Sauerbraten Soup, was also yummy. We were treated great during our visit and with any future visits to Punta Gorda, will return to Sandra"s.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank iowacityia

“A taste of Europe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

I had the wiener schnitzel and it was amazing! Probably one of the best that i've had outside of Germany. On Saturdays and Sundays they have an excellent deal where you can have two meals for $35. The two for $35 additionally comes with a choice of soup or salad for each person, and a choice of a bottle of the house wine, or two glasses of beer per person. Amazing food, and an excellent atmosphere!

• Visited June 2014
5 Thank Elizabeth H
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Rouladen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

I have eaten here 4-5 times and it's has always been good and everyone enjoyed their meals. The service was excellent. I have tried and enjoyed the goulash, schnitzel, bratwurst and the beef tips. All good. My favorites, however, are the Thursday and Saturday specials. Rouladen and Sauerbraten respectively. I'm crazy about their red cabbage, potato pancakes and potato salad. Some of my guests tried and enjoyed the pork hocks and salmon. I'll have to take their word for it. Obviously, this is a place for german beer. Forget the diet and your cholesterol for one night and give it a try. I found the prices to be very reasonable.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank john f
Englewood, Florida
“Dem BESTEN !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2014

Sandra's has the BEST Deutsche Essen I've had since being in Germany 9 years ago. Unparalled quality, taste, and generous portions.
Always feel like I'm dining with a family at Sandra's - the staff has the great German spirit of Freundschaft, Gemütlichkeit, und Wärme.
Vielen Dank für alles !!
Glenn H.

• Visited May 2014
4 Thank Travlin47
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

Excellent German cuisine. To start we had a lovely tomato mozzarella. Wow, they really know how to make a good tom-mot! I had the Lieberkase with the roasted potatoes and potato salad. I love my starch!! It was D-E-licious! My wife had the mixed European [she's not so good at picking one thing haha] and naturally I also got to taste some of the dishes she had. She loved the bratwurst the most. I thought the goulash was pretty fantastic. Our waiter was really kind and professional. The restaurant is comfortable and welcoming. I loved the square reader they have. It's nice to see a restaurant in this town keeping up with the times. We will absolutely be back soon!

• Visited May 2014