“Family owned, authentic food and beer.”

Sandra's Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: European, German
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2013

I visit the area frequently to see family and always manage to go to Sandra's at least twice whenever I'm in town. So, this review is based off of multiple visits. First, the restaurant itself is exceptionally clean and well maintained. Next, the owners are from Germany and they make sure all of the beer on tap is FROM Germany. You might see some varieties you aren't familiar with- just try them. The servers will always provide samples if you need a taste test. Onto the food... I've had several different selections from the menu, all of which were good. Note, the menu actually has selections from several cuisines besides German, so there is really something for everyone.

1  Thank Jco002
There are newer reviews for Sandra's Restaurant

Reviewed December 17, 2013

Schweinshaxe with red cabbage, fried potatoes it was good but I had better. my wife had fish,rice and spaetzle on the side. The place was empty except for some bar customers. The waitress seemed to be the only one working (bar/waitstaff) besides the owner in the kitchen.

2  Thank ersterberliner
Reviewed December 11, 2013

We visited Sandra's Restaurant last thursday and they had Rouladen as special. My grandma used to cook this dish for me so I had to try it. I just can say "wunderbar".
My wife had the beef tips , I really can not pronounce the original title with red cabbage and spaetzle. She was pleased about the homemade cooking. We will be back soon.

1  Thank Octoberfest27
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Tried this restaurant last night with my wife after reading good reviews on TripAdvisor. I have to say it was awful. No one else in the restaurant which I suppose tells you something. We shared a Flammkuchen to start which can only be described as uncooked. When I point this out to the young waitress she replied "Well it can be a bit hit or miss depending on who's doing the cooking".
For the mains we had the Schweinbraten and the Zurcher Geschnetzeltes. Both dishes very average. I suspect they were prepared a while ago and warmed to order. The Sauerkraut and Red Cabbage straight from the jar ?

Maybe we just hit them on a bad night but I don't think so. Having visited Germany numerous times I can honestly say I have never had food like this before. Suggest the owners get on a flight to Bavaria and find out what German food is all about.

3  Thank Peter A
Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

We love this restaurant. The food is authentic and the servers are very nice. Like the ambience too. Have always had a good experience.

2  Thank DeeeT