“Good food, nice outdoor space”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Trabue - CLOSED

Trabue
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Boston, Massachusetts
“Good food, nice outdoor space”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I've had lunch twice and dinner once at this pretty downtown restaurant. The food is very nice, though a bit pricey. The special lobster dinners on Tuesday and the 3 course wine dinners on Thursday are "best buys". House wine is overpriced, but good quality. Service good. The garden is pretty - lots of lights at night. WIsh they could put up a fence to block the sights and sounds of southbound Rte. 41 traffic. Have not been there for the entertainment, but have heard it from the street and it sounds great! Try the salads.

• Visited November 2012

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Great dinner in downtown Punta Gorda”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2012

My husband and I had a lovely dinner last night (11.12) at Trabue. This was our first experience and the staff were attentive, personable and very helpful regarding the menu. Drinks were tasty and well priced and we order starters (great Ceasar Salad with anchovies) and my husband had the mahi and i had a filet. Both items were cooked wonderfully and needed no additonal seasonings--our side dishes were served hot and tasted excellent. we shared a pumpkin cheesecake with our freshly brewed coffee. there was no need to rush as we have experieced elsewhere. all in all a lovely experience and i believe we have found a new favorite place--thanks Trabue for providing a wonderful dinner, great staff and a comfortable atmosphere. see you soon!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank AnnaBBank
Punta Gorda
“Very Bad,. Never Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Decore modern diamond plate from a pickup truck. Ate lunch one day, both entrees were over priced. Food tasted old. Bacon on club was burnt. Dinner, no salmon, could only order one short rib, they were sold out? Only 3 other tables filled on Saturday night at 6:30? Snapper was old and I mean freezer burned old, wife ate 2 bites, got an upset stomach. Short rib, over cooked, dry. Filet, very salty. Had to ask for bread as it did not come with meal? Even the water tasted bad, they serve right out of tap, I have a filter on the refrigerator that filters my water, but a supposed "gourmet" restaurant can't even get the water right. Woke up at 3 am with even bigger belly ache. Avoid at all costs, are the other posts plants from the owner? Olive Garden has better food by a long shot and I'm no big fan of them.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Goldenpheasant
Punta Gorda, FL
“It keeps getting better”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

I wrote an earlier review on this wonderful Restraunt and we have dined there several times since and it seems to get better each time even though it needs no improvement . Keith (the Chef) continues to put out exceptional dinners. Recently he had a special dinner of lobster and filet and it was probably the best meal my wife and I have have had in any Restraunt and we have eaten in fine dining establishment around the world on on over 40 cruise ships. Josie continues to make scrumptious desserts. Last night we attended their weekly (Thursday evenings) wine dinner and again the meal and the wines selected were absolutely perfect. Keith Meyers ( the chef) made a most exceptional Chocolate mouse. I think Keith and Josie are trying to see who can make the best desserts. My wife and I look forward to our next visit to Trabue. We are fortunate to have this fine dining establishment in Punta Gorda.

1 Thank bobPuntaGorda_FL
Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Dad's 75th Birthday Party, Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Can't say enough good about the Head Chef Keith Meyer and his staff, Linda (waitress extraordinaire) and pastry chef Josie. As a group they made the entire experience fantastic. Our group tried several of the entrees from the filet to the salmon, scallops shrimp and braised short ribs. All the meals were delivered at once, were hot and each cooked to perfection. The desserts were also extraordinary. If you enjoy chocolate you've got to try Josie's Flourless Chocolate Cake with Ganache, it's hands down one of the best desserts I've ever had. I highly recommend dining at Trabue and look forward to going once again.

• Visited August 2012