“just ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Seating, Takeout
punta gorda
“just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

Ice cream is just ok and service is not very friendly. Won't go back any time soon. Have had great ice cream in other places

Visited October 2013

Punta Gorda, Florida
“the ice cream's very good, and definitely homemade”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

if you decide to choose this ice cream shop, be prepared to pay for homemade. This café is not shy about their prices, but I would have to say that their ice cream is very good ,if not exceptional. I guess just like everything else in life things are mostly as good as what you pay for them. Enjoy

Visited July 2013
Oconto, Wisconsin
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Have a cone, it's a meal!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

I am from Wisconsin and while visiting Punta Gorda my friends took me to Cubby's Home Made Ice Cream for lunch. I had the roast beef sandwich (which was indescribably delicious) and a cherry vanilla cone (which was superb). The service was fast, the employees polite and the atmosphere delightful. When in Punta Gorda again, I will go to Cubby's for more excellent sandwiches and ice cream. Without a doubt it is worth a visit.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank mary v
Punta Gorda, Florida, United States
“Fantasatic Ice Cream...Must try the Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2013

My friends were right on.... the ice cream is fantastic and you get a nice size scoop for your money. Clean and friendly service. Next, I must try the food which I hear is good.

Visited June 2013
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Very good ice cream, but service not so good”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

On Memorial Day (Monday) we got to the place at 7pm, only to have the door close in our face and the worker showed us the hand written note that was taped to the door that on Memorial day they will close at 7pm. How was I supposed to know that? I checked on line and it said that it's open Mon.-Fri till 8pm. Another day we got there at exactly 8pm, there were few people outside eating ice cream, but the door was locked, and the workers busy cleaning up. I worked all my life in a service industry and many times couldn't get out on time because we were so busy. I would have never turned away someone at the door at the exact time. If I was there few minutes past the hour it would be OK, but at the exact time to the seconds? Another thing is that the ice cream scoops are so small, they charge more than anywhere else, but the scoops are child's size. The last time I complained and the girl told me that it was actually big, because the owner serves even smaller scoops.
At $5 a cone I feel like I'm being taken advantage off. We have 9 grandchildren, they all love ice cream, and when they come to visit we'll take them to "The Working Cow". They never close in your face, the scoops are huge, and it costs $2.75 a cone. My money will go there from now on.

• Visited June 2013