“Cubby's every night while in Punta Gorda”

Cubby's Home Made Ice Cream
Ranked #4 of 11 Dessert in Punta Gorda
Minneapolis, mn
“Cubby's every night while in Punta Gorda”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Whether eating out or at home, we make a plan every night while in Punta Gorda to get to Cubby's by 9pm for ice cream. It's the best!

Punta Gorda, Florida
“Yeah, you want to go here.”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Haven't been to the other ice cream shops in town yet, because this is so good it's hard to good anywhere else! This is some of the best ice cream i have ever had anywhere. So far the favorites are the coconut and almond mocha chip... Put them together and you have an almond joy bar. Extra yummy. We have also got pints and quarts of ice cream so we can enjoy them anytime. This place is definitely a must in punta gorda!

• Visited March 2013
Mpls
“Always a treat”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Ice cream terrific - service from young man excellent. Always our go to ice cream place when in Punta Gorda,

1 Thank JWestMpls
“In response to Caz217”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Having frequented Cubby's on numerous occasions and being a person of color myself, I find your casual accusation of discrimination to be offensive. In the brief interactions I've had w/ the staff, they're not only attentive, but very friendly and helpful. Based on your account of what happened, it seems like a small mix-up was made, where the staff mistakenly thought you had already been helped but hadn't (these things happen from time-to-time in any restaurant). Any rational person would take this in stride and carry on with their order, but it seems you're intent on making mountains out of molehills. In every experience I've had at Cubby's, the service has been quick, the staff attentive, and the food delicious.

2 Thank RPF55
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Hard to believe that people still act this way”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I took my son to Cubby's Ice Cream on 04-13-2013 as part of a promise. It is located at 264 W Marion Ave Punta Gorda, FL 33950. We went in and stood by the counter and waited.....and waited and watched as patron after patron got served...I stood and watched as the employees or owners..not sure which, looked at me dead in my eyes and continue to serve over us. Not wanting to show my son how horrified and disgusted I was at this experience, I took his hand and told him that they were too busy for us and that we would go somewhere else. As we exited the door, one of the same females who kept serving people around us, ran outside to beg me not to leave and that she thought that the other female had been serving us.....I turned to her and told her that she knew the length of time that we had been standing there and that her attention came alot too late. I have been there in the past with Jen...I have never had anything they have had to offer only because of being diabetic...but at this point...I can safely say that my money..all $6.00 of it will be spent elsewhere. Running a business is much more that taking peoples money and shoving your wares in their face..they lost a childs patronage today...not mine. Which is more important? Now I have to wonder why they thought I stood there looking at them the entire time I was there. My ethnicity is something I hope was not a factor in this but just a terrible experience.

1 Thank Caz217