“Perfectly prepared seafood”

Ranked #9 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Oldest restaurant in Punta Gorda!!! Award winning New England Seafood Style restaurant, from Fish 'N' Chips to Maine Lobster Salad, from Ipswich Clams to Grape Nut Pudding. Many meat lover specials too and a great gluten free menu. Watch stunning sunset views over Peace River while sipping a cocktail from the fully stocked bar. Voted 'BestSeafood Restaurant' with Charlotte Sun, Harbor's Hottest 'Freshest Seafood' and Business of the Year with Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce.
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Village Fish Market is our favorite restaurant at Fisherman's Village,
often a lunch and dinner destination for our family.
They have a great menu, great wait staff and great prices.
When we have guests from out of town they are usually drawn to some
of the other place's here but most are just tourist traps with lousy food.
One next door you practiclly have to cook the meals yourself.
You will eat seafood meals here like you were in New Engand, the Chesapeake
or Key West. Don't be fooled by flashy signs and big ad's promoting a great view.
Florida gulf coast has 700 miles of great view.
When you are in Punta Gorda, Village Fish Market is tops.

There are newer reviews for Village Fish Market Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed September 15, 2013

This restaurant was perfect for my elderly mother and myself. My blackened grouper fish sandwich was the best I've had...and as a side, I was offered fresh, steamed asparagus! My mother loved her crab salad sandwich. We sat inside facing the harbor and had a water show of frolicking dolphins! It was great all around along with a pleasing tab.

1  Thank Kathleen L
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Beautiful view, with very good food. I always get the crabcake and the sweet potato fries are outstanding!!! My husband really likes the sirlion tips, as he is not so much a seafood lover!!!

1  Thank Beverly C
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The food was good but not particularly outstanding. It was much better than many restaurants that have such a nice view. The waitstaff was competent and efficient. The restaurant is inside a nice little shopping area. Overall it was a good meal and experience.

Reviewed August 26, 2013

We really enjoyed eating our meal and being able to look at the harbor. It was beautiful! As we were eating a dolphin swam in close. My husband enjoyed eating his deep fried oysters and fried zucchini. The cooked it just perfectly- not over done. I had the surf and turf with steamed zucchini- the steak was just alright. I asked for medium and it was more medium well. I found the steak did not have any flavor to it. The steamed zucchini was great. I would go back and try something else just because of the view.