“Great Experience”

Ranked #9 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Oldest restaurant in Punta Gorda!!! Award winning New England Seafood Style restaurant, from Fish 'N' Chips to Maine Lobster Salad, from Ipswich Clams to Grape Nut Pudding. Many meat lover specials too and a great gluten free menu. Watch stunning sunset views over Peace River while sipping a cocktail from the fully stocked bar. Voted 'BestSeafood Restaurant' with Charlotte Sun, Harbor's Hottest 'Freshest Seafood' and Business of the Year with Punta Gorda Chamber of Commerce.
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Have eaten lunch several times at the Village Fish Market Restaurant and have always been delighted with the service and food. We recently met up with friends who had never dined there and they were initially impressed with the ambiance and, since it was a beautiful day, it was a treat to have the sun pouring in and being able to watch the boats. My personal preference is the Maine Lobster Platter which I crave from time to time. Our friends order Red Snapper with a wine/caper sauce and said it was excellent. Great way to spend a day ... browsing the lovely
shops and enjoying a memorable lunch!

There are newer reviews for Village Fish Market Restaurant and Lounge

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Feb. 2, 2013 We had a reservation for a party of 12 for lunch. We were seated right away and the service throughout the meal was outstanding ! We never felt rushed at any time during the 2+ hours we were there. Food was served in a timely manner, very well presented and everyone was served exactly what they ordered. The appetizer platters ordered for the table were huge, well-prepared and very tasty. Everyone in the party remarked at how good the service and their food was. I would highly recommend the Village Fish Market !

1  Thank Linda F
Reviewed February 1, 2013

The girl seating us complained from the start. She has health problems and she is pregnant. WOW, like why would I need to know this? When she brought some people to another table, she dropped their silverware on the floor. She picked it up and put it on their table. They sat down, talked about it and then got up and left. Our food was good but, I ordered the grouper and the plate was way too big for what I got. Coleslaw in a tiny plastic cup and the edamame salad in a small ceramic cup. Our waitress said the grouper was the 7oz. Really, if that was 7oz of grouper, the 3oz you wouldn't be able to see on a plate that big. Very disappointing for $50 for two. Not going back.

2  Thank Bob0409
Sue R, Manager at Village Fish Market Restaurant and Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, it has given me the opportunity to resolve an issue that I was unaware of. I am appalled at the service you received and witnessed whilst visiting our restaurant. The young lady concerned was totally out of line and I will be having her in the office on her next shift. She is young and new and obviously hasn’t grasped all the rules, and she was totally wrong to pick the silverware up off the floor and put it on the table.
I agree, the dinner size plate for some menu choices does look too big, it is something we are trying to find a perfect solution too, it looks great for the fried food etc, but some of the broiled does look small on the plate. Our homemade coleslaw and edamame salad are served in a 3.25oz cup and an 8oz cup respectively. We do it this way as opposed to putting it straight on the plate as some people don’t like the dressing running onto the fish, I pour mine out and it looks great. The lunch plate with the 4oz portion works really well.
I am sorry you had this experience and I understand your reluctance to return. I hope one day you will try us again. If you would like to discuss this with me directly please call me at the restaurant and I would be happy to talk with you. Thank you once again for giving me the opportunity to rectify the situation.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

I stumbled across The Village Fish Market back in 2006 and have been coming back ever since. I'm a foodie to the core. I expect my food to look deliciously appealing and taste even better. They never let me down. They even use an authentic New England roll for their Lobster Salad.

Friendly wait staff who know the menu and care about good service. No matter who my server has been I've always been greeted with an authentic smile and cheerful disposition. It's nice to go where everybody knows your name. Makes it feel like home.

I'll be back.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We ate here on Christmas Eve 2012 whilst on holiday in Florida. It was one of our favourite meals. Service and food were excellent. Well worth a visit if you are in Punta Gorda.

Thank you for your kind words, glad you enjoyed it!