“The BEST Nobody knows where it is or how to get there seafood restaurant in the area !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Peace River Seafood

Peace River Seafood
Ranked #16 of 156 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Great Everything - Jackets and Ties are BANNED. Go hungry - expect the best - and get ready to be amazed.

1 Thank TonyTaibi

Charlotte, North Carolina
“Fine except.waiter did not.want.to serve us the all you can eat mullet for.6.95.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Noticed this restaurant in the Punta Gorda.Fl Weekly which advertises each week all you can eat.mullet. Male.waiter said it was not available and quizzed us on WHERE we saw the add. Finally relented and served us the mullet. His tip did reflect his flippant and rude attitude. Otherwise fun atmosphere and good food.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida, United States
“Very Fresh Seafood”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

We found Peace River Seafood accidentally and decided to stay for lunch. This place is definitely "old" Florida. Absolutely nothing fancy but lots of fresh fish of all kinds. We chose to have a mahi-mahi sandwich and fish and chips. They were OK but while watching other dishes coming out of the kitchen decided that we will try it another time and order the shrimp, oysters or crabs. Looked like the locals who knew the place also knew what was the best to order.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Jean W
Port Charlotte, Florida
“Crab Shack”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

If you want fine dining, or If you seek excellent atmosphere, go elsewhere. There are options in Punta Gorda. Peace River Seafood is a Crab Shack. The people are most friendly. The seafood is fresh and tasty. The shrimp is dusted with crab boil. If you are not a crab boil fan( like me), ask for the boil on the side and get their tasty cocktail sauce. I am not an oyster expert. I order two dozen steamed and devour them with a few drops of hot sauce.

This is the place I go for fresh tasty seafood, not fine dining. What it does, it does well.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank DiplomatRR
London
“Grit, Seafood and a bad experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

Normally it is enough. Fail to properly clean my seafood, an elimentary error, and you wont see me again. Although I am normally reluctant to slate a place that is genuinely trying, there were enough old souls getting stuck in to the mixed offerings for me to be a bit more relaxed about my critical review causing them serious grief.
I had the seafood stew and my wife opted for a dozen clams. The warning signs were there, starting with a large blue washing-up bowl that was deposited in the centre of the table, together with an old newspaper, cutlery and a small wooden mallet. We weren't expecting Michelin stars but it should have been a warning. Instructions on how or when the use these tools wasn't forthcoming, other than to say the stew came with some crabs' legs that needed shelling.
We tried my wife's choice first; clams with grit (and one unopened which reduced the total to eleven), sweetcorn and a potato of sorts. I hate grit in food - period - and it is lazy/careless preparation.
Now for mine; a tomato and onion concoction with a small mound of rice in the middle, surrounded by several small and skinny crabs legs (which weren't worth opening), some tasteless shrimps (and I know Florida shrimps are always tasteless), and the speciality; a few more gritty clams. After picking at it the waitress asked if I wanted to take the remaining tomato slop home - she was no spring chicken but I'd rather have taken her mother home.
Simply the worst meal I have ever reviewed.

• Visited February 2013