“Old Florida”

Peace River Seafood
Ranked #13 of 164 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Reviewed December 11, 2012

We got exactly what we expected. Fresh seafood in a very rustic place. Sticky tables and cats roaming around to catch what you drop. The first time I visited I ordered all-you-can eat crabs. Way too much work, but excellently prepared. Second visit I enjoyed a pick-and-peel shrimp and crabcake special served with boiled potatoes and corn. Fish pread with cackers is complimentary.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

My inlaws were in town and wanted to take me to lunch for my birthday. I could'nt think of any place I'd rather go than peace river. I told them all about how great it was. Oh boy! the service was awfull, it took forever to place an order when I got my raw oysters on the half shell they were doing the backstroke in melted ice, the kicker was when I flagged down the waiter for a slice of lemon he said " cant you see I'm busy" and huffed away. my elderly mother in law called him the soup nazi. I was embarrassed and felt bad that I had suggested this place. The food was good when it got there and I know they were busy but that is not a reason to be rude to the customers. I

2  Thank b z
Reviewed December 4, 2012

The wife and I drove here today with our neighbors for lunch.
It was the first time here for any of us.
We each ended up getting their Mahi Mahi sandwich. Two were blackened and two were fried.
All were excellent. The four of us sat outside on a picnic table. We were joined by a black kitten that snuggled up next to my leg, begging for some fish. Being the softy that I am, I gave in.
This is a casual and relaxing place to eat. It was almost like eating outside at some family or friend's home during a get together. The prices were a little higher than we expected, but the food was good enough to justify. The one waitress did a great job.
We'll be back.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I believe this was once a house converted into a restaurant/fresh seafood store. Small, but inviting and the food is incredible. I had crab clusters in a garlic broth, that I could barely finish, and I am a crab lover. My husband had a fish sandwich that was very large in size, and delicious. We happened to sit near the kitchen, and every dish that went by looked amazing. The daily soup is well worth a try. On Tuesday they have she crab soup. Rumor has it, that it is outstanding. Unfortunately, we were leaving on Tueday morning to return home to TN., and did not get a chance to try it. Both friends and relatives buy fresh seafood there on a regular basis, and I have heard nothing but raves. Don't miss this place. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Goldenhaley
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Went there a few weeks ago with out of town guests.We were looking forward to their grouper sandwiches(which are delish!), but they were all out of fresh grouper (they do not serve any frozen fish). Well we got something else which was very good and our waiter was a hoot! Made our disappointment about the grouper disappear! We go there often!