“Fresh,fresh,fresh.”

Peace River Seafood
Ranked #13 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Description: There is info on blogthebeach.com.
Reviewed July 11, 2012

We started with a dozen steamed oysters and they tasted like they had just been plucked from the water, they were big and plump and tasty. I wanted a grouper sandwich but they were out so went for the mahi. I eat a lot of seafood and it was the best freshest piece of fish I have eaten other than when we catch it ourselves. It was almost enough to have made two sandwiches out of. My wife had the Florida lobster tail which was a little over cooked but she loved my mahi as well. It was not cheap but not outrageous. The sides were nothing to write home about but we did not go there for potatoes and corn. If it was right on the river it would be better but once you start eating it just does not matter. Will be back.

3  Thank guggleplex
There are newer reviews for Peace River Seafood

Reviewed July 8, 2012

3:30 on Saturday afternoon. Small place was busy. Food was great. Service a little slow. Been there b4. Will go again. Great atmosphere.

2  Thank Hemingway5107
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Interesting upon walking in or through to find someone to ask if we sit where we find a seat or how the place operates. Had the Gator Gumbo. A thin liquid with little substance. Glad it came with a roll and piece of corn. Good flavor, however not what I expected for $16.95. The wife's Snapper was good but, small for the price. I was surprised at the prices based on the paper plates, small paper cups for soda, fighting off the flies and shewing cats away from our feet looking for food. Heard the crab was great so if your looking for all you can eat crab, this is your place. Anything else go to Laishley or Joe Cracker.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Cool little place with great blue crab. I paid $12.95 for a half dozen. Very reasonable. Enjoyed a nice Corona too. First time there, and I will go back. The only complaint, and it's not really a complaint is that it was a little too warm inside for me. They do have A/C. It is July in Florida so it is to be expected. Good service too. Thanks for having us.

1  Thank TheMonteRunsOK
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Excellent fresh seafood! Everyone starts with a smoked mullet and crackers appetizer which was very tasty. The two of us chose a $36 platter of crab cake, lobster bites, and fried shrimp to share. Platters came with two ears of corn and two servings of red new potatoes, (only negative of meal was sides that are not chosen by you (corn was not quite ripe and potatoes were mushy).

The couple with us chose to share a platter of crab cake, blue clams, and grilled shrimp. We all four shared both platters so we got a taste of several different items.

The platters could have been consumed by one person, but by sharing, we had room for dessert, key lime pie. We bought a whole key lime pie which was 8 slices that cost us 95 cents more than if we bought four individual slices. It did not come served with whip cream but we asked for it and they brought it right away.

Great service and a fun atmosphere! Overall a Great place to eat!