“Nicely kept small museum”

Military Heritage Museum
Ranked #4 of 58 things to do in Punta Gorda
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Military Heritage Museum that features artifacts and memorabilia from all branches of the service and all wars the Civil War forward.
Reviewed July 11, 2013

This little military museum is packed with history. There is no admission fee, but donations are accepted to keep the museum operational. I gladly donated towards the cause. The volunteers in the museum were friendly and knowledgeable. They allowed the kids (8 and 12) to freely roam around to view the displays without comment or scowl. My history buffs really enjoyed the museum and we would definitely go back when we visit Fisherman's Village again.

There are newer reviews for Military Heritage Museum

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was a very cool treat for me as I love World War II history and learned some things here that I haven't learned\seen in much larger museums including the National World War II museum in New Orleans. That's saying a lot!

It's a free museum, but they ask for a $5 donation which I think is more then fair.

To the owners thanks for making such a cool museum that honors the great sacrifices our Men & Women have made to keep our country safe.

PS: If you need to get rid of any of those WWII rifles, especially that Garand you let me know :)

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Museum was just expanded and freshened up, i was impressed by the quality of the artifacts and displays. Great location just at the entrance to Fishermans Village so it is easy to get to. A must see in the area!

1  Thank Chris E
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Its kind of a cheesey museum and its not in the best place. Fishermans village is not a place for this kind of thing. Its out of place.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

This is a five star, as all the reviews state: the volunteers are eager to share, they know all about everything there, even when it's not their division or branch of the military! It's small, but it's free. So I was sad when some gave a lower rating just because they are what they are!

All that said, my husband is a Marine, noactive, and we have family in all Army, Navy & Air Force right now. We have had family in all branches between my husband's large family and mine. He really enjoys the Museum, and can spend much more time in there then me. It gives me a chance to shop or do something else, especially when the kids are with us. However, the kids also enjoy hearing this constantly evolving room full of military American history,and the volunteers always go out of their way to find something that will attract their attention!

And yes, please leave a donation as they won't push you. I've seen so many people enjoy themselves and leave without even leaving a dollar. This place is a gem, and one that needs our support - both from someone that lives 20 miles North of PG and tourists too! You'll enjoy the enitre waterfront shopping, dining, marina, resort that it is in - Fiserman's Village.

1  Thank Tracy33