“Awesome hamburgers!”
Review of Hendrick's Food Vault - CLOSED

Hendrick's Food Vault
Reviewed January 14, 2012

I love grabbing lunch at Hendricks but at night it turns into the Chill-Out Lounge! They pull down the curtains, screen black and white movies and serve awesome hamburgers and appetizers. The beer and wine list is pretty spot on as well.

Reviewed January 14, 2012

I would call this a bistro and it has fabulous salads, meals of the day and delicious soups, all home made.
It is very friendly and a great place if you are on your own, which I was this time. That is nice to know. It has free wifi and they are comfortable with you just sitting and enjoying your snack or meal.
Try the smoked salmon bagels - in fact try everything!
There are evening meals and various special nights, so don't miss this place. It is tucked away just outside of the town on the right of the 41S.

Reviewed January 2, 2012

I am sorry that the other reviewer had a horrible experience. Every time we have gone we have taken people who have never been there before and they love the concept. It is a limited menu. They would rather do 10 items wonderful then do 40 items mediocre. The theory is that it is a 'chill out lounge' - a place to come and relax and hang out. And we have stayed a few hours each time. We have never felt rushed out, or on the flip side, ignored.

Each time we get the specialty burgers we are never disappointed. The pasties are always fresh and tasty and the beer is always cold. We always get a visit from the owner to find out how things were and he is usually very receptive to our comments.

Reviewed December 29, 2011

Visited last night at exactly 7pm. Deli part closed at 7pm. Had to order from limited menu. Ordered Meat and Cheese platter, and Burger with side Caesar salad and 2 Diet Cokes. Bill would have been about $25 plus tip. Way over priced but we have eaten there before at the Deli for lunch and food was passable and since we had a 2 for one coupon, was priced OK! There were 4 pther people in place. Seats about 50. After 20 min waiting for food we asked waitress to please at least bring out the platter. She came back and said the entire order will soon be ready. After 25 min still nothing. We asked the waitress again. She said please be patient it will soon be ready. After 30 min I said we are leaving, left $5 on table for the Cokes and started walking out. At that time, the Owner/cook came running out and said the food would be ready shortly. I said it was to long a wait for what we ordered and that we wre leaving. He then started screaming at us that we had to pay for the food and then we could leave. I told him we waited 30 min and nothing and we were leaving. He went ballistic and ordered us to pay and leave and never come back. We just left paying for the drinks! Can't understand how such a lunatic can deal with the public. I am 75 and my wife is 65. We live here all year round Never in all my life have I been insulted as we were last night. I have to get this message out.

4  Thank Steve s
Reviewed June 10, 2011

We don't go out that much to eat, because frankly, a lot of the food is way over priced and just not that good. We were asked to go out to the normal downtown places and we tried to back out. Then we remembered that Hendricks does the night time thing and have heard good reviews, so we tried it. And we loved it!!!

I had a pastie, the original kind, which is baked in shell. It was awesome. I have never had one before. The crust was flaky, the insides were creamy and delicious. If I was feeling better I would have had a burger like my husband did. He is pretty critical of food. He feels that if he is going to pay for it, it better be good. He ordered the Beacon Burger, which is 50% bacon and 50% beef. It was awesome!!!! The accompaniments that you get with it were amazing - things like jalepenos, onlions, mushrooms, different mustards, mayos, etc.

The wine was great, the beer was cold. At one point we talked to the owner who said the point of the place was to come and chill out and relax, and that we did. They cover the deli cases with white roll down shades and show old black and white movies with no sound. So you don't have the feel of sitting in a deli.

2  Thank gatorbait75