“Five-star Service!”
Review of King Fisher Fleet

King Fisher Fleet
Ranked #1 of 22 Tours in Punta Gorda
More attraction details
Owner description: Sightseeing Cruises and Fishing Charters in Southwest Florida.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

I booked a Kingfisher Fleet Christmas Canal Cruise as a holiday gift for my sister and her husband who live in Punta Gorda. Based on the reviews here and the information from the city's Chamber of Commerce, I chose this attraction because of its description, popularity, and price. Before making reservations, I contacted Captain Ralph to check on handicap accessibility. (My brother-in-law cannot do stairs and uses a walker or wheelchair to get around.) I was pleased to receive an immediate reply from him assuring me that they would pre-board him so he would not be rushed or jostled by others. Unfortunately, health issues prevented the acceptance of my gift, but Captain Ralph promptly credited me a full refund. I plan to reschedule a cruise with Kingfisher Fleet when I visit the area myself this winter because of the great service and integrity displayed by their management.

There are newer reviews for King Fisher Fleet

Reviewed December 31, 2013

Our group of three couples made a reservation with Captain Sam for a private yacht tour of the Christmas Canal decorations at Punta Gorda Isles. What a treat! Captain Sam was a delight. He played Christmas music throughout the trip and gave us a running commentary on the beautiful homes we were passing. The private tour was only a few dollars more than the large party boats and well worth the difference. We plan to do this again next year.

1  Thank Barbara C
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We had booked tickets for a cruise prior to Christmas, but unfortunately a member of our party became sick that day. I cannot praise their customer service enough that they were more than happy to rebook us twice until we were all healthy to enjoy the cruise. Finally tonight we were able to enjoy a magical evening on the water. Captain JR and first mate Anya went out their way to make our two young sons feel special and welcome all passengers on board. The boat was clean, not over crowded and the captain's interactions were fun, festive and informative. It was a very relaxing hour on the water, the displays of lights were amazing, and Anya served wonderful Hot Chocolate and snacks at a small fee to keep us all warm. Grandparents, parents and children all immensely enjoyed the cruise equally. Captain JR; you told us about some children's Santa wishes. Samuel wrote to Santa to ask only for special Christmas times with his family (as Grandparents were coming in from UK) and you granted that wish and memories for a lifetime tonight :) Thank you, I highly recommend this company.

1  Thank LATWV
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The day after Christmas a few of us decided to take a trip on the King Fisher to see the lights on the Punta Gorda Isles. The captain and his mate took the time to talk with the young children about their Christmas day events. Truly warmed our hearts and we looked forward to the rest of the trip. We were warmly welcomed on the vessel and traveled across the Peace River with a gorgeous breeze in our faces. Hot cocoa as well as a few other beverages was served with a smile. As we traveled through the isles the captain pointed out a few of his favorite displays and he slowed the vessel down so we could enjoy the lights.
Upon reaching the docks he and his mate ensured that we disembarked safely. This was our second year and are looking forward to 2014 trip through the isles.

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Recently took the King Fisher tour to see the lights in the harbor. Great trip, beautiful lights. However, the captain of our particular vessel was one of the most miserable people we have encountered. In a "people oriented" business such as this, the captain definitely needs to either work on his people skills or get out of the business.
After contacting the company regarding our trip, we got what amounted to a "whatever" as the response.
There are other companies that do this sort of tour. Look into those before booking here.