“Good food, poor service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Torch Bistro

Torch Bistro
Ranked #25 of 156 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: Bar, Grill, American
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Airport Road
Description: Every city has an up and coming restaurant where the atmosphere is great and the chef is a superstar. These restaurants are hot for one reason, they ensure your dining experience will be unforgettable. If you're looking for great service and creative, delicious food, you're sure to find it at Torch Bar and Grill. Welcome to Torch Bar and Grill. You have just found the only Punta Gorda restaurant with fine dining, in a causal atmosphere. Being one of many Punta Gorda restaurants, we are known as THE Place to go for Food, Service and great Quality. There are no other restaurants in Punta Gorda that have as many ongoing values for you as Torch Bar and Grill. Begin your dining experience with a custom made to order cocktail, exactly how you like it, from our bar while your meal is prepared especially for you. We also feature Nyotaimori is a well-accepted and practiced tradition in Japan. It is recognized as an art form in Japan and has been part of the Geisha culture dating back hundreds of years... It is based on the idea that sushi is made to delight. Reservation need to be made 2 weeks in advance. ***Please see our menu on Facebook Torch Bar and Grill***
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Good food, poor service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2010

My wife and I went there for dinner a few months ago. Although the food was good we had a problem in that the entrees were brought out while we were half done eating appetizers. The waitress explained it was her mistake. After the meal I asked her to get the manager -I had to ask 2 MORE times before the manager came out! The manager offered to comp me 1/2 of the appetizer price, saying it was the waitress's fault! I wrote to the owner and in part this is what he responded in an email -"She(waitress) notified you that the evenings actions were HER fault and still my manager comped more than half the app.($1. more than half) As the owner I do make the staff pay for there mistakes." So if the cook doesn't prepare the food properly, who handles that? How can one enjoy meal at a restaurant when the entree is getting cold while finishing an appetizer? I won't go here again until the ownership changes or the owners change policies. This place is also noisy.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank luvsfishin
manager1339, Manager at Torch Bistro, responded to this review, December 7, 2010
We thank you for your feedback. We at Torch take great pride in satisifing our customers. As I recall this happened 9 months ago in March when we were opened just 2 months. As with most new restaurants that open, there are always things that need to be fixed. I'm sure you will recall the place was noisy because there wasn't a seat available. We were doing over 200 covers a night. The fact that your food came out to fast was a timing issue that the server didn't follow. But I would always rather have your food come out too fast than too slow. Again I am sorry for the mixup but wish you would have e-mailed us or had written a letter. I can't imagine this still bothering a person after 9 months but I am always willing to make thing straight.
Please stop in and ask for me
Bob

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Lived up to my expectations.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

I get nervous when people rave about a restaurant. But this one lived up to my expectations. I've had an opportunity to experience both lunch and dinner - and neither disappointed. Not a large menu, but a very nice variety to choose from for every palate. I take this to mean they are attentive to creating a wonderful meal each time. Very good portion sizes and the prices were reasonable. How nice to add a side salad for a couple bucks (instead of $7-8) and you can't beat the price of a glass of wine. How nice not to have a glass of wine for less than a bottle would cost at home. The staff was friendly and accommodating. If you haven't tried it yet, go on - you won't be disappointed!

2 Thank Kelly1963
Arcadia, FL
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful Sushi!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

Me and 14 others went to Torch on Friday, Sept. 17, to celebrate my 30th birthday. I have to say the sushi was delicious!! With so many people, a variety of different dishes were ordered and really the only complaints about the food were from the people that ordered the steaks. My husband ordered the New York strip and while he said the taste was good, it could of been a little more tender. We truly had a great evening. Everyone had a great time with delicious food. The only con was our server at the beginning was a little rude, but got better as the evening went on. I don't know if he was just overwhelmed with the big party (even though we had made a reservation) or what, but at first was he was lacking in the hospitality department. All in all we truly did have a great experience!! The decor is beautiful, the sushi was delicious, the peanut butter explosion cake was good and rich. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone! Go try it out!! Had a wonderful time!

P.S. The owner himself was very nice and accommodating.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank gbonville
Ontario, Canada
“Absolutely flawless dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2010

On a recent visit to Punta Gorda (to spend a few days with great friends), as a result of my research before leaving home and on my recommendation, we decided to dine at “Torch Bistro”. Our absolutely flawless dining experience started the moment we walked through the door. The décor at “Torch” is modern, warm, and very pleasing to the eye. Our server (Nikki) was quite charming and very well prepared to answer each one of our menu questions. We were a party of four (rather refined diners). After enjoying a cocktail, we shared two appetizers – “Crispy Calamari” and “Fire Cracker Pork Wings”, both dishes exceeded our expectations! They were absolutely perfectly prepared and loaded with remarkable flavor. The “Chicken & Sausage Gumbo” was full of heat (which we enjoyed) and great flavor, it was a fantastic soup (and only $4). The “Pork Osso Bucco” was perfectly prepared. The flavor was outstanding, a depth of flavor that could only have been achieved by employing a very slow roasting process. It was the most substantial pork shank that any of us had ever seen. The “Thai Coconut Curry Chicken” was fabulous. The sushi was wonderful and the presentation perfect. It is hard to imagine that any menu selection at “Torch” could possibly disappoint even the most discerning diner. We will, without hesitation, return to “Torch Bistro” during our next visit to the Punta Gorda area! If you enjoy fine dining at very reasonable prices do yourself a favor and visit “Torch Bistro”.

2 Thank TravelAndFoodFan
Sarasota, Florida
“Great Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2010

This was a great place to eat. We had calamari for an appetizer that was divine followed by some of the best sushi that we have ever had. We will DEFINITELY be going back very soon! The service was good too!

2 Thank Wendy0781