“Limited”
Review of Torch Bistro

Torch Bistro
Ranked #34 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Airport Road
Description: Every city has an up and coming restaurant where the atmosphere is great and the chef is a superstar. These restaurants are hot for one reason, they ensure your dining experience will be unforgettable. If you're looking for great service and creative, delicious food, you're sure to find it at Torch Bar and Grill. Welcome to Torch Bar and Grill. You have just found the only Punta Gorda restaurant with fine dining, in a causal atmosphere. Being one of many Punta Gorda restaurants, we are known as THE Place to go for Food, Service and great Quality. There are no other restaurants in Punta Gorda that have as many ongoing values for you as Torch Bar and Grill. Begin your dining experience with a custom made to order cocktail, exactly how you like it, from our bar while your meal is prepared especially for you. We also feature Nyotaimori is a well-accepted and practiced tradition in Japan. It is recognized as an art form in Japan and has been part of the Geisha culture dating back hundreds of years... It is based on the idea that sushi is made to delight. Reservation need to be made 2 weeks in advance. ***Please see our menu on Facebook Torch Bar and Grill***
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We were aware the lunch menu was limited but we were too early for dinner. I cannot speak to the dinner meals, but I can warn not to go for lunch. I do not know where those rave reviews came from but I can't believe they were meant for Torch. The place was empty and I believe that speaks volumes. Cheese steak sandwiches were like nothing I ever experienced. They were a mess of meat and cheese mashed together. The texture of the steak was indistinguishable from the cheese. The smell announced the impending appearance of the Salmon salad long before it reached the table. House wine was priced high and the pour was short. It gets two stars only because they agreed to change the grouper for salmon (our mistake) and since there was only one other table occupied they let us old army buddies sit and talk for a couple of hours. We may have caught them on a bad Wednesday afternoon. There will be no other afternoons at Torch for us.

2  Thank Watergate18D
There are newer reviews for Torch Bistro

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Excellent food! We had the lamb and the ossobucco, delicious. Also love those little bread nuggets as we called them. Atmosphere is very nice and our server was friendly and efficient, as was the host at the door. I also noted how quickly the bus boys cleaned up the tables after diners had left. I joined their birthday club so my meal was mostly free. However, I would go back again whether it was my birthday or not!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We really enjoyed the Torch. Our server, Heidi, did a fantastic job. She was friendly, knowledgable and very helpful. We had the calamari for appetizer. It has a great Thei seasoning. Our entree was the roast duck. It was crispy good. We also shared a bottle of wine. the wine and food prices are both very fair. I highly recommend the Torch Bistro

Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Stopped by the bar early on a Sat evening. Only one other at the bar there. Got fairly prompt service but then ignored. Unless you are a regular don't expect any attention. I can't remember the last time I have experienced such poor service.

1  Thank jonestr1
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Tried Torch for the first time last week and was pleased to find a new dining experience in Punta Gorda. The service and food was excellent. I recommend the pulled pork, mahi mahi, and their signature dish osso buco. The meals were freshly prepared and the pulled pork entree was amazing. Service was friendly and atmosphere was NY bistro.