“GREAT FOOD, GREAT PRICES, WONDERFUL PLACE!!”
Review of Torch Bistro

Torch Bistro
Ranked #34 of 162 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Airport Road
Description: Every city has an up and coming restaurant where the atmosphere is great and the chef is a superstar. These restaurants are hot for one reason, they ensure your dining experience will be unforgettable. If you're looking for great service and creative, delicious food, you're sure to find it at Torch Bar and Grill. Welcome to Torch Bar and Grill. You have just found the only Punta Gorda restaurant with fine dining, in a causal atmosphere. Being one of many Punta Gorda restaurants, we are known as THE Place to go for Food, Service and great Quality. There are no other restaurants in Punta Gorda that have as many ongoing values for you as Torch Bar and Grill. Begin your dining experience with a custom made to order cocktail, exactly how you like it, from our bar while your meal is prepared especially for you. We also feature Nyotaimori is a well-accepted and practiced tradition in Japan. It is recognized as an art form in Japan and has been part of the Geisha culture dating back hundreds of years... It is based on the idea that sushi is made to delight. Reservation need to be made 2 weeks in advance. ***Please see our menu on Facebook Torch Bar and Grill***
Reviewed May 10, 2011

I have had dinner at the Torch Bistro many times. I have tried many items on the menu and really liked everyone.. Sometimes I will have an appetizer only (All are great). The flatbreads are terrific also. All the entrees that I have had were outstanding. I really like the pork chops, osso bucco and pot roast. The only thing I would change would be to bring back the fried chicken.and risotto. You have to try this place and trust me you will become a regular.. I like the Torch so much I had a birthday party for my husband and he loved it!!!.

There are newer reviews for Torch Bistro

Reviewed May 10, 2011

My husband and I were there during our vacation last Fall, and it was so great we ended up going back twice more before we had to leave Punta Gorda. The food was excellent and the atmosphere was very pleasant. You can bet we will be back next Fall!

Reviewed May 9, 2011

I live in Sarasota and travel south a few times a month. I look forward to stopping for either lunch on my way south, or dinner on my trip back home. Always had a great meal no matter what I order. They treat me as family from the moment I enter. I would like to thank them all.

Reviewed May 9, 2011

the cheif has the ability to present each dish so that you can't wait to taste it. the menue always has some unique dishes that makes your choice dificult. wether you want seafood or a meat there is always a nice varity to choose from.

service is very god and the staff has always been very knowlegable about the menue

Reviewed April 7, 2011

We chose the Torch Bistro based on the positive reviews here on TripAdvisor, and we weren't disappointed. I was a little skeptical when we walked into this restaurant in the middle of a bunch of car dealerships, especially since it really wasn't very crowded at 6:30 (it filled up by the time we left). However, we really did have a great experience. The menu choices were really creative. I had an Osso Bucco that was so good that I asked the owner how they made it. I was about to ask for a steak knife, but it was perfectly fork-tender, and at $16 it seemed like a steal. Others in my family had a huge T-bone that was only $19, teriyaki salmon that they loved, and soft shell crabs. Desserts were huge and rich as well. My only negative opinion was that the dining room is pretty loud, making it a challenge for us to talk.

The best thing about my experience, though, was that midway through our meal, a man from the kitchen came to the table asking if we were driving a certain vehicle. It was indeed ours, and he told me that one of the tires was very low. I went out to check it out, and within a minute another employee brought a portable air pump over so I could inflate the tire. While waiting for the tire to fill, I learned that it was the owner who had brought the problem to my attention. This guy could have just ignored my car, but instead he went over and above the treatment I expected.