“Popular for Breakfast and Lunch”

Elena's South Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 164 Restaurants in Punta Gorda
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Breakfast is my preference at Elena's but they are also popular for lunch. For breakfast, you may have a short wait for a table because their food is consistently and predictably well prepared. They make excellent Eggs Benedict in different versions that are a great value. A favorite choice with a standard egg platter is the multi-grained. Their pancakes and waffles are very good too. The restaurant has a diner atmosphere, is clean, and the service is prompt and courteous. It really is a great place for a good meal alone or with others.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

I stumbled across this place, while cursing around. The décor was a throw-back to an earlier era, the seating was spacious, service was great food was excellent, and the background music was a perfect touch. For the price, size of portions and location, this is a “best buy” for the area.

1  Thank Shooster365
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I usually don't like to eat where they make food just like you get at home. This week I went with a group of friends for lunch at Elena's. We arrived at 11:30 and the place was almost full. We left about 1 pm and people were still coming through the door. The atmosphere is friendly...colorful booths, smiling servers and an extensive menu. The fold-out menu has a page of salads, a page of sandwiches covering the ordinary to ethnic specialties, and a page of entrees. There is so much that I forget what was on the other pages. It took me a long time to decide because there were so many interesting choices. It seemed like all eight of us chose something different and all the dishes were presented well and were generous in size. I had a Reuben which although it wasn't like something from Carnegie Deli, it was delicious and came with some good French fries. Our server was pleasant and very efficient. The prices are very reasonable...$7.95 for the Reuben. This is a great place to get good solid food with a value-priced menu.

4  Thank acry-artist
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Banana bay motel recommended this place for breakfast. They did not disappoint. Food was ample portions. I had the fried egg and bacon sandwich. Two eggs ad several slices of bacon on toast. My husband had the gyro, feta and onion omelette which filled the plate! Reasonably priced.

2  Thank klordh
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We ate there this morning. I had breakfast, my wife had lunch. I give them high points for their hash browns being cooked on the grill and not deep fried like most places today try to pass off as homefries or hash browns. My omelette was very tasty. Food was served piping hot on heated plates. I also ordered coffee which the waiter told me there would be a wait as there was a fresh pot being brewed. It didn't taste fresh at all. My wife ordered the soup of the day which was chicken noodle. Nice size portion. She enjoyed it. The salad had a ton of feta cheese on it. Definitely more that you get in most restaurants. I am not planning to return because it is not very clean, particularly the restrooms. The owners need to give it a good scrubbing, replace the carpet, and give it a fresh coat of paint.

2  Thank john s