“Tough to find”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Tough to find”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Nice menu and service is good. Does not have a full bar. Beer and wine only. You have to be looking for it or you will pass by. New store in plaza might help.

Visited November 2013
Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review donoel. We are a tough find, but a hidden gem!

Punta Gorda, Florida, USA
“Great for lunch or dinner!”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

One of my favorite places to go for lunch. The Philly or the chicken parm sandwiches are the best! Dinner is great too and the steak is AMAZING! Probably a good idea to make reservations though, especially in season and on weekends!

Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you Bob for taking the time to write a nice review! I agree the philly and chicken parm are great! We'll see you soon!
“As usual, excellent food!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Santhino's is one of my favorite places in Punta Gorda. The food is always good, as is the service. We had 3 rib eye specials and 1 filet. All were excellent. Personally didn't care for the au gratin potatos but the asparagus was excellent as was the Lobster bisque and Lasagna soup.
One of my favorite things about Santhino's is you can talk and hear what everyone at your table is saying. There is not that loud clatter found in most restaurants. Our waiter, Brandon, was excellent as usual.
If you haven't been give them a try, you won't be disappointed.

Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you DKB for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your dining experience. It's always nice to sit down to a great meal and enjoy a great conversation!
Punta Gorda, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Poor Attitude!”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I am the wife of David A. and also feel compelled to write in response to the manager's reply to my husband. The manager should have checked first for the facts before responding. It was my salad that was primarily disgusting and inedible. When the first rotted piece of lettuce was discovered, I put it aside and thought, oh well, it happens. As I continued to eat I came across more and more rotted pieces, so I started looking closer. By this time I was maybe 1/2 way through with the salad. I immediately became sickened by the sight of a pile of rotted lettuce on the side of my plate and WE DID call the waitress over and sent the salad back. I was so disgusted I lost my appetite and just wanted to leave. We were not offered a replacement (which I would not have eaten anyway), nor an apology by either the waitstaff or the day manager. She did not offer to take the price of the entire single salad off the bill, as her manager states he told her to do. She said that she would take something off because, as my husband indicated, "It wasn't that much (rotted) lettuce." My husband said, never mind, we are out here, paid the bill and said he was going to write it up on Tripadvisor. He did not threaten to do so if the entire bill wasn't written off. It really is too bad that the manager did not get the truth from his day manager.
Either way, when a meal or part of meal is unsatisfactory, and patrons attempt to correct the situation, they should be treated with respect and not challenged about the amount of unacceptable or spoiled produce in the meal! An apology and the removal of that item from the bill should have just happened immediately. I strongly recommend avoiding this restaurant, as there are many, many good restaurants in Punta Gorda. Should you decide to go and have a problem for find your meal unacceptable, consider how much you can tolerate as unacceptable, because NOT ALL OF THE SALAD WAS ROTTEN, JUST SOME OF IT!

1 Thank Abby410
Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Abby in response to your review. There is no need to explain your two contradicting reviews, I know the truth in what happened. Having worked in the restaurant business my whole life I can never understand why some people do what they do, but have learned to take it with a grain of salt. I wish you well on your future dining experiences.
Fort Myers, Florida
“classy”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Once again, we were not at all disappointed with Santhino's. A quiet , off the road restaurant with pleasant surprises. Last night we happened to be there for their barbeque rib special. Out of this world. Your choice of barbeque sauce.....my favorite is the sweet cherry barbeque. It was wonderful. Two other people in our party wished they'd ordered them too. Needless to say, there was plenty for me to share and still bring some home.
The restaurant is tastefully decorated.....linen table cloths, candles, etc. Plus, it's quiet so guests can visit with each other. Brandon was our waiter. Very accomodating and personable. Drinks available plus a wine list as well as their house wines. Very nice.

Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
BjG207 thank you for your review, it's customers like you who keep us going and give us the motivation to keep doing what we do! We appreciate the review and look forward to serving you agin in the near future!