“Delicious food, wonderful service”
Review of Santhinos - CLOSED

Santhinos
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Delicious food, wonderful service”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Our party of six came on Wednesday night for Santhino's superb ribs. The ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender, and are served with a choice of 3 interesting sauces. My roasted pork tenderloin was the best I've ever had, with a fruit sauce that complimented the meat well. The restaurant is deceptive in its location, and is inviting and warm inside. The personal touches from the servers made this a special night for our dinner party. This restaurant never disappoints.

Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you Cindy for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it. I had the pleasure of taking care of your party and I'm glad everyone enjoyed it! Hope to see you again soon!

Port Charlotte, Florida, United States
“Strip Mall elegance”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Location is in a strip mall in lovely Punta Gorda. Inside is very elegant and the food was very good. Seafood and veal dishes. The Veal Piccata was tasty and the Veal Oscar wonderful. The manager waited on us and he was very helpful in wine selections for our meals. It is nice to find new restaurants close to home that we can return to. We will definitely go back and try some of there other dishes.

1 Thank Joyce O
Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thank you Joyce for your review, we are happy you enjoyed your experience and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Englewood, Florida
“overpriced”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

My wife and I visited Santhino's to celebrate her birthday. We received a gift certificate for $50, with the understanding that we were to spend $75 on our entire meal. My wife ordered the surf and turf. The filet was over done and we were surprised that we both didn't have an option for our sides. The sides for both of us were homefried potatoes and string green beans. The green beans were excellent, but the potatoes were a disappointment. I had the steak Diane which was average. My meal was $33 and my wife's was $36. At these prices there should be options. Roasted red potatoes,garlic mashed, or a baked potato. The service was very good.

2 Thank eric d
Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review, however I have to explain the gift certificate you received. You have to reach a minimum of $75 to get the $50 off, if you buy two entrees priced at $36 and $33 you are at $69 without tax, however you had also ordered an appetizer drinks and dessert. Even the price you paid was a great deal. The filet mignon cuts are cut for the day we only order enough so at times we do run out, but that does signify that they are extremely tender, if there is any question on over cooked steaks we need to know so we can correct the problem. Most fine dining restaurants accompany their main dishes with starch and vegetable and offer sides, however those sides are extra. It was your wife's birthday and you asked the server to have the chef do something special for her, in which he presented the dish with extra fresh vegetables and potato which are roasted yukon golds not homefried. We thank you for your constructive criticism and will take everything into consideration.
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Fresh flavors and plenty of food”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We celebrated my husbands birthday here. The food was tremendous. Each was prepared with interesting and slightly unusual flavors. The atmosphere is relaxed. The service is professional. It's pricey, but worth it.

Visited June 2013
Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
On behalf of our restaurant we would like to thank you for celebrating a birthday with us. We would also like to thank you for taking the time to write a review, we are glad we could provide you with a great experience!
“restaurant is hard to find but once you do you will be very very happy.”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

People forget this place is here. But if you remember, its totally worth it! My husband had tenderloin medallions and I had salmon. Both dishes were delicious.

• Visited July 2013
Branden A, Manager at Santhinos, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Thank you gkm for your review. The medallions are wonderful, one of my favorites! Salmon is a crowd favorite here and always done right! Your review means a lot and we thank you for dining with us!