“Wonderful 4 night stay! Would stay there again.”

Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
iowa city, ia
“Wonderful 4 night stay! Would stay there again.”
Reviewed June 16, 2014

My wife, daughter and I stayed 4 nights, Saturday through Wednesday morning. We had a wonderful stay. I had not planned on booking at this property, but we were in need of a room with Ethernet connection so my daughter could take a college exam on Tuesday evening. I called the Four Points and after double checking for me, the desk clerk assured me they did indeed have ethernet connection. So we went with them for that reason. I am so glad we did. They did have ethernet and it worked great. We arrived on Saturday afternoon around 3pm. The desk clerk took care of us right away and we were in our room within a couple of minutes. Every desk clerk that we visited with was wonderful. Always pleasant and very helpful. Our room was on the 4th floor, overlooking the water towards Fisherman's Village. A very nice view. The room was clean and smelled great. The beds were very comfortable. And simply put, it was a nice bright looking room. Very easy on the eyes. The flat screen tv above the work desk worked well and was easily visible from both beds. The bathroom was large. And clean. The wall mounted thermostat for a/c was easy to use and worked well. The location of the hotel is amazing. A beautiful area right on the water. Trails along the water to walk, run or bike. Great scenery. And just a short couple of blocks walk to downtown. We did not have an issue trying to find a parking space, as we arrived around 3pm and walked for the rest of the day. But I can say that anybody arriving later may have had a fun time trying to find a spot, in competition with the Tiki Bar behind the property, located right on the water. The other nights were never problematic for finding a parking space. The lobby and bar area is quite lovely. The library area, with 2 desktop computers and 2 big flat screen tvs, was very comfy. We did not use the pool, but it looked nice. They have perhaps four 1 speed bicycles to check out and use free of charge. Helmets available too. We had fun expanding our tour of this part of town using the bikes. The Four Points Sheraton made our relaxing vacation that much nicer. We would absolutely stay there again.

2 Thank iowacityia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Emmaus, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Our room was very nice with an updated bathroom. My biggest complaint was the restaurant. The hotel was full and the bartender & wait staff were understaffed. This was the bartenders first night as a bartender & she was clearly thrown to the wolves & floundered terribly. Food was incorrectly ordered & the check was incorrect. She couldn't find many typical bottles of liquor & we saw many guests settle for something else. We were not impressed. Hotel is located convenient to the Punta Gorda Airport

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Palmtreegirl57
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Originally planned to stay for family wedding in 2 bed, no view room (cheapest avail), June 1-4. Last minute complications resulted in us having to arrange space for relative suffering from throat cancer. Joey Metza, Asst. General Manager, was wonderful working to reserve connecting rooms at a reduced price, so we could attend our sick relative. Thank you, Joey! Rooms were clean, good sized, with comfortable beds. We had rooms 421-423 with marina view. Tamiami Trail next to our side, but we didn't notice any traffic noise. Hotel is close to many restaurants, shops, etc. No trouble parking. Two desktop computers with printers and Internet access just off lobby. Very friendly staff. We will definitely stay here again!

1 Thank Mikie27
Four Points by ... P, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, September 30, 2014
Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton for your stay. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and had the chance to utilize our business room. We look forward to your future stays with us.
Venice, Florida
Reviewed June 7, 2014

First of all this place was excellent in EVERY way! My husband and I have traveled this country, stayed in many hotels, and have RARELY been impressed... this place is awesome! The hotel itself is beautiful and the customer service even better! We have a 120 lb. golden retriever and he was welcomed with treats at the door! The rooms were beautiful and modern and the food delish! We wanted to stay a few hours after check out to relax at the tiki bar and they accommodated it FOR FREE! The hotel is near downtown in a great spot within walking distance to shops/restaurants.

I would not stay anywhere else!

3 Thank Rychelle_82
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed June 5, 2014

love this little Hotel by the water in Punta Gorda, my favorite business stop at #PuntaGorda. Cute decor in a sailor kind of way. Nice staff. pleasant little bar. This is not a foodie place, just a clean, safe, fun place and easy to get in and out of for business.

Room Tip: ask for a harbor facing view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Clifton, NJ, USA
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stopped by for a one night stay and found the staff and housekeeping top notch. Our beds were very comfortable and the room spotless. It is only a few minutes off of I-75 and has a great view of the water. It also has a great outdoor Tiki Bar and a restaurant servicing great food and drink. I would recommend this property to anyone wanting a good location and clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank NJCatLady
Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton for your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and are looking forward to your future stays with us.
Amsterdam, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel was recommended highly. Two months in advance I made my reservation. We arrived before 3pm but I took my chances and went in to see if my room was ready. It was not , I gave them my name and they told me to return later. We went to dinner with friends then planned to meet at the tekki bar behind the hotel . Well, to my surprise when I returned , totally exhausted after a day of travel, I was informed they had given my room away. YES , gave it away ! They put me up for one night in another hotel on a highway.......not a great room. And by the way, I was not the only one this happens to that day. I must say the hotel seemed very clean and up to date and in a wonderful location......I wish I'd been able to stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pam42853
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are extremely apologetic with regards to not being able to accommodate you in our hotel during that night. We can assure you we are working on improvements to ensure this never occurs again. We hope you can give us a second chance on your next visit to the area. Thanks again for your review.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Gorda
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Port Charlotte
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside? Share your experiences!