“Average Sheraton”

Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Our room was very nice with an updated bathroom. My biggest complaint was the restaurant. The hotel was full and the bartender & wait staff were understaffed. This was the bartenders first night as a bartender & she was clearly thrown to the wolves & floundered terribly. Food was incorrectly ordered & the check was incorrect. She couldn't find many typical bottles of liquor & we saw many guests settle for something else. We were not impressed. Hotel is located convenient to the Punta Gorda Airport

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Palmtreegirl57
Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Originally planned to stay for family wedding in 2 bed, no view room (cheapest avail), June 1-4. Last minute complications resulted in us having to arrange space for relative suffering from throat cancer. Joey Metza, Asst. General Manager, was wonderful working to reserve connecting rooms at a reduced price, so we could attend our sick relative. Thank you, Joey! Rooms were clean, good sized, with comfortable beds. We had rooms 421-423 with marina view. Tamiami Trail next to our side, but we didn't notice any traffic noise. Hotel is close to many restaurants, shops, etc. No trouble parking. Two desktop computers with printers and Internet access just off lobby. Very friendly staff. We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Mikie27
Four Points by ... P, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2014

Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton for your stay. We are pleased to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and had the chance to utilize our business room. We look forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

First of all this place was excellent in EVERY way! My husband and I have traveled this country, stayed in many hotels, and have RARELY been impressed... this place is awesome! The hotel itself is beautiful and the customer service even better! We have a 120 lb. golden retriever and he was welcomed with treats at the door! The rooms were beautiful and modern and the food delish! We wanted to stay a few hours after check out to relax at the tiki bar and they accommodated it FOR FREE! The hotel is near downtown in a great spot within walking distance to shops/restaurants.

I would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Rychelle_82
Reviewed June 5, 2014

love this little Hotel by the water in Punta Gorda, my favorite business stop at #PuntaGorda. Cute decor in a sailor kind of way. Nice staff. pleasant little bar. This is not a foodie place, just a clean, safe, fun place and easy to get in and out of for business.

Room Tip: ask for a harbor facing view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Stopped by for a one night stay and found the staff and housekeeping top notch. Our beds were very comfortable and the room spotless. It is only a few minutes off of I-75 and has a great view of the water. It also has a great outdoor Tiki Bar and a restaurant servicing great food and drink. I would recommend this property to anyone wanting a good location and clean and comfortable room.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank NJCatLady

Thank you for choosing Four Points by Sheraton for your stay. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, and are looking forward to your future stays with us.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel was recommended highly. Two months in advance I made my reservation. We arrived before 3pm but I took my chances and went in to see if my room was ready. It was not , I gave them my name and they told me to return later. We went to dinner with friends then planned to meet at the tekki bar behind the hotel . Well, to my surprise when I returned , totally exhausted after a day of travel, I was informed they had given my room away. YES , gave it away ! They put me up for one night in another hotel on a highway.......not a great room. And by the way, I was not the only one this happens to that day. I must say the hotel seemed very clean and up to date and in a wonderful location......I wish I'd been able to stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank pam42853
M_Cartin, Starwood hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2014

Thank you for your review. We are extremely apologetic with regards to not being able to accommodate you in our hotel during that night. We can assure you we are working on improvements to ensure this never occurs again. We hope you can give us a second chance on your next visit to the area. Thanks again for your review.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Enjoyed our stay, Hotel was clean and very functional. Walked down to the harbor and saw 2 dolphins that was pretty cool. Continental breakfast was around $10 nothing out of the ordinary. Wasnt a huge fan of the bathroom door as it really never locked or felt shut. Had a room with a balcony was looking forward to sitting out enjoying the warm Florida air but had to stand as their was no place to sit. All and all liked the place and would recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
La Quinta Inn & Suites Port Charlotte
3 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside? Share your experiences!