Stayed here for one night during our recent holiday as although we had a villa in Orlando, we booked a sunset dolphin tour over on the coast and so decided to stay for a night to make the trip worthwhile.
I used points from my Starwood Preferred Guest account so the value was good for us however I am not sure what the usual cost is so can't comment on that I'm afraid.
The hotel is situated on a road which overlooks a two bridge highway and so although its a sea view, it's not the best one you'll ever see! However our room was on the back corner so we had two views, one over the pool area and the other over the city. Not a bad view, it has to be said.
The reception and bar areas were huge and clean. Our bedroom was also clean however I think it could have done with a little updating as there were a few chips out of the furniture etc. That didn't really take away from the hotel at all but that mixed with the chair on the room being fairly old did make it look a little dated. Also, the bathroom door is on a slider, but there is about an inch between the door and the wall, so with the right angle, you can see straight into the bathroom if you had the desire to look! I know more people sharing a double are ok with seeing each other naked BUT probably not on the toilet :) I had to make my other half promise he wasn't looking before I would use the bathroom!!
We had a swim the afternoon before our boat trip and the pool area is nice and large. The pool did have plenty of debris in it but that's probably due to the trees overhead. It's also right next to a road so although there is a tree-wall between you and the cars, it's a fairly loud area. It didn't bother us as we were only there for one night but if you were there on a proper vacation, you might be more bothered by this. The pool is just rectangle and was fairly warm. There is also a separate spa which was lovely and hot and a pleasure to use.
We ate in the hotel bar/restaurant after our sunset boat trip because it was too late to get dressed to go out then, we were the only people in the restaurant and the food was quick, tasty and a good price. The one thing I would say is that we could hear the waitress take the mickey out of me to the chef because I had ordered my turkey sandwich without any salad, she explained to him that she had a friend who didn't eat salad and that he was "dead now, wonder why??!!" - that was off putting but that aside, the food was good.
All in all, a comfortable and clean hotel. Good for a night or two or possibly a business trip! You should also visit Fishermans Village whilst staying there. It's a great little collection of souvenir shops, arts and crafts and some bars/restaurants too just down the road from the hotel. Probably not walking distance in the Florida sun but perhaps, if you're feeling like a stroll! It's right on a harbour so you can also see the lovely boats.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Four Points by Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside is located on the edge of the Charlotte Harbor waterfront in south Florida. Our hotel is a short drive from Cape Haze and the Gulf of Mexico's shores. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
- Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside Hotel Punta Gorda
- Four Points Punta Gorda