“Good for a night or two”

Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Punta Gorda
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night during our recent holiday as although we had a villa in Orlando, we booked a sunset dolphin tour over on the coast and so decided to stay for a night to make the trip worthwhile.

I used points from my Starwood Preferred Guest account so the value was good for us however I am not sure what the usual cost is so can't comment on that I'm afraid.

The hotel is situated on a road which overlooks a two bridge highway and so although its a sea view, it's not the best one you'll ever see! However our room was on the back corner so we had two views, one over the pool area and the other over the city. Not a bad view, it has to be said.

The reception and bar areas were huge and clean. Our bedroom was also clean however I think it could have done with a little updating as there were a few chips out of the furniture etc. That didn't really take away from the hotel at all but that mixed with the chair on the room being fairly old did make it look a little dated. Also, the bathroom door is on a slider, but there is about an inch between the door and the wall, so with the right angle, you can see straight into the bathroom if you had the desire to look! I know more people sharing a double are ok with seeing each other naked BUT probably not on the toilet :) I had to make my other half promise he wasn't looking before I would use the bathroom!!

We had a swim the afternoon before our boat trip and the pool area is nice and large. The pool did have plenty of debris in it but that's probably due to the trees overhead. It's also right next to a road so although there is a tree-wall between you and the cars, it's a fairly loud area. It didn't bother us as we were only there for one night but if you were there on a proper vacation, you might be more bothered by this. The pool is just rectangle and was fairly warm. There is also a separate spa which was lovely and hot and a pleasure to use.

We ate in the hotel bar/restaurant after our sunset boat trip because it was too late to get dressed to go out then, we were the only people in the restaurant and the food was quick, tasty and a good price. The one thing I would say is that we could hear the waitress take the mickey out of me to the chef because I had ordered my turkey sandwich without any salad, she explained to him that she had a friend who didn't eat salad and that he was "dead now, wonder why??!!" - that was off putting but that aside, the food was good.

All in all, a comfortable and clean hotel. Good for a night or two or possibly a business trip! You should also visit Fishermans Village whilst staying there. It's a great little collection of souvenir shops, arts and crafts and some bars/restaurants too just down the road from the hotel. Probably not walking distance in the Florida sun but perhaps, if you're feeling like a stroll! It's right on a harbour so you can also see the lovely boats.

• Stayed: May 2013
Chris H, Guest Relations Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear guest, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for us not being able to award you with our 5 Star service that we have come to be known for. Please rest assured that each and every concern mentioned in your review have been addressed with the proper department head for immediate correction and investigation. I do hope that you will allow us the pleasure of having you again at our hotel, just to show you the level of service and amenities we are really capabale of providing. Hope to welcome you back soon!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,234)

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We've stayed here a few times before and it doesn't let us down. I am a Starwoods Preferred guest, so I was able to book a room on the top floor with a fridge and microwave, and a marina view. Rooms are clean. The staff is friendly. Although the restaurant has a limited menu and it seems people go elsewhere for food including breakfast. We ate breakfast there the first morning and decided to walk over to Dean's South of the Border for breakfast which was more reasonably priced and good. Dean's serves breakfast from 7 to 11 while the hotel was only from 7 to 10. If you're on vacation and want to sleep in, you really can't at the hotel if you want breakfast. It has a nice pool and hot tub. The best part is that it is on the waterfront, and there is a walking path along the harbor. Also on the far side of the property near the walking path is a tiki bar run by the hotel. You can order food and drinks there and on certain nights, there is live music, while watching the sunset. They also have porta johns there, which are actually the nicer ones in a trailer surrounded by a wooden fence, so you don't have to walk all the way back to the hotel. I noticed in a year's time, they have added more seating at the tiki bar due to it's popularity. There are a lot of nice restaurants within walking distance to the hotel as well.

Room Tip: Get a marina view on the front side of the building.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Caroline_Ko, Starwood Hotels at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Cabrill,

Thank you so much for returning to stay with us and for leaving a kind review. We are very glad that each and every time we can make your stay easy and enjoyable. We can't wait to see you again.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Two things that kept this hotel from getting an "Excellent" rating was 1) one of their golf carts was blocking the main entrance when we arrived for check-in, 2) main parking lot is further away than most.

Punta Gorda is a beautiful town/area.

If this hotel is not the best in town, I would like to know which one is.

This Four Point is Five Star in my estimation: If you can get that golf cart from blocking the main entrance during check-in.

Room Tip: Our King Suite had mini kitchen, 2 flat screen TV's, and two sleeping areas counting the sleeper...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear WaterwoodRoad,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We will ensure that moving forward any maintenance or lawn care vehicles are parked far away from the main entrance to the hotel. Thank you very much for the kind words in your review. We hope to see you back here at Four Points by Sheraton.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Nice enough hotel, but if you want a frig or micro, they are extra! They do provide tow one cup coffee pouches, nice lotion and soap, but the rooms are smallish and set up more for business travelers than for vacationing. Great people at the desk. Great tiki bar on the harbor. Right next to the hwy, so noisey. Bring earplugs.

Room Tip: Book online. They will upgrade if they have room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rupie6,

Thank you for your review. We do have a few guest room options that include a refrigerator and a microwave, and we apologize that you were not placed in one. We will certainly let the front desk agents know that you found them personable and kind.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

We purchased a boat and before we picked it up, we stayed here two nights...what a refreshing hotel and when so many Sheraton's are NOT making the 5-star rating, here's one that is great! Located on the River, the view is nice, the personnel are wonderful...we ate one evening in the restaurant and it was pretty good for hotel food, and, overall, reasonably priced. Easy access, good, lighted parking, great lighting everywhere in the hotel.

Room Tip: Riverside is far better!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Crystalclearreef, your review is so great! I am glad to see that you enjoyed our facility during your 2 night stay with us, and hope that you were also able to find our waterfront Tiki Bar of great use too! All the best on your new boat venture, hopefully you'll be able to visit with us again soon, maybe next time via water!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is my third stay at this property, which is a WONDERFUL property. You can read my previous review for all the details on this gem of the Starwood brand.

On my recent visit, however, the check-out staff's handling of an SPG Reward Certificate fell short of my expectations. I am SPG Gold and received a certificate in the mail good for $25 off any hotel services (spa, restaurant, movie, etc.) I have had the certificate for some time, which expires in July, so I decided to use it on this stay towards my restaurant bill. Upon checkout, the agent had no idea how to process the reward certificate. She was polite and offered to have it taken care of and email me my final receipt, however she did not even have my correct email on file, so I was not comfortable with the whole transaction.

Overall, this hotel is AMAZING, but this transaction fell short of my expectations. I have contacted SPG Gold member services to rectify the situation, but thought it would be nice for hotel management to recognize that their training is falling short when taking care of their preferred tier guests.

Room Tip: Get a room facing the harbor. Rooms facing the adjacent condominium complex are not desirable.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Chris H, Manager at Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Hello my name is Joey Metza, Guest Service Manager at the Four Points by Sheraton, and I want to apologize for not meeting your expectations at the front desk with the SPG elite membership. We strive for perfection in everything we do, and I do encourage you if you do have a return visit at our hotel that you will be recognized for your loyalty and dedication to Starwood. Training has begun to make sure that recognition to our award members and other Starwood staff. Thank you again for allowing us the pleasure of having you at our award winning hotel. Your feedback only makes our company strong and better at what we do. If you have any questions please feel free to contact me at the hotel or by email joey.metza@fourpointspuntagorda.com to make your next stay an unforgettable vacation.

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a little gem for travelers with a not-too-thematic nautical nod in its decor and a very good restaurant with good prices. Nice little pool. We received excellent service at check-in and checkout.
Will return when traveling.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thanks for submitting your review, SKIZG! I am glad to hear the service you received made your experience at Four Points all the much better. Thanks again, look forward to your return visit to our area soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Gorda
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Port Charlotte, FL
3 mi away
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Port Charlotte-Punta Gorda
Hampton Inn Port Charlotte / Punta Gorda

Been to Four Points By Sheraton Punta Gorda Harborside? Share your experiences!