“We often take our northern guests here”

Fishermen's Village
Ranked #3 of 56 things to do in Punta Gorda
More attraction details
Owner description: Fishermen's Village Waterfront Mall, Resort, and Marina offers something for everyone. Shopping, dining, live entertainment, and water adventures await locals and travelers. With over 30 boutique shops and 5 different restaurants, you are sure to find something that pleases you and your family.
Penn Yan, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“We often take our northern guests here”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We make this a destination along with the rest of Punta Gorda, and have lunch at the Seafood Market half way out the pier. The shops are great here for poking around, but my favorite is Laf Out Loud that sells games and funny cards.

1 Thank lindajackson10

Port Orchard, Washington
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 147 helpful votes
“A pleasant place to spend a few hours.”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

My husband and I enjoy this shopping mall and marina. (and my husband does not like shopping!) There are a variety of tourist shops and restaurants. This is a great place to find gifts.
We like walking around the marina and enjoy others' boats. We have taken a cruise out of there which we enjoyed.
We have eaten there several times. The Christmas decorations there were fun.
The Village hosts many community events.
This is a great place to walk around and maybe find a special gift . The indoor-outdoor way the place is built is just tremendous.

North Port, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great shopping, Not so great food!”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great shopping day, lots of little boutiques with clothing, home items, gifts, shore decor and
jewelry. Only thing missing is a great restaurant. $3 for a small ( and I mean SMALL) scoop of Gelato when we arrived. Should have waited until I walked further in, theres a yogurt shop you pay by weight which is a much better deal and tastes better than the expensive gelato. The lunch at Harpoon Harrys was awful and the only good thing there is the view. I should have eaten at Villiage Fish, as it smelled really good when walking out. Great shops, though. Olive oil place has yummy cheeses and you can sample all flavors of olive oils and balsamic vinegars. Nice day to relax, shop and hang out with friends.

Visited March 2013
FishVille, Resort Manager at Fishermen's Village, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your recent trip to Fishermen's Village.
We do have a variety of of restaurants, a frozen yogurt shop, and a sweet shop. The gelato that you sampled was Norman Love gelato, so it is a bit more expensive than regular ice cream or frozen yogurt. I do admit that the frozen yogurt is very good (I had some for lunch today!).
I am sorry to hear about the poor food quality at Harpoon Harry's. With three more restaurants to try, I hope you find something more to your liking next time.

Eve Sweeting
Resort Manager
Ottawa, Canada
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 104 helpful votes
“Worth a visit with kids”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Lots of shops and some good restaurants and ice cream & frozen yogurt places. Took my wife and our son and his family there for an afternoon of browsing in shops, visiting the military heritage museum and also snacking. While son & his wife shopped, grandparents got to spoil our 9 year old granddaughter with a trip to a self serve frozen yogurt.. she selected two different yogurts in a cup and several toppings. The look on her face was priceless.. am I really getting away with this ?

Portsmouth, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Touristy”
Reviewed March 21, 2013

Some nice views of the water. Cute, quaint shops. Make it a destination, you won't be disappointed. Plenty of different restaurant fares.