“Interesting”

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Interesting”
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Good to see a working ranch and wildlife. The ride was about an hour or so and we saw alligators,big and tiny babies and even got to pet one, white tail deer and babies and a big cat. The bears and boars were hidding though. Beautiful ranch with many horses, cows, bulls and calfs. Our driver was nice and very entertaining along with knowledge of the environment there. Great place to take the kids (we didn't have any with us) but with all of the wildlife you see it should not be boring for them. Don't go on a rainy day because all of the windows on the vehicle are open air. There is a little restaurant, burgers,fries and alligator bites. It was not open the day we were there Sunday (in season) and that was a surprise but we went to Laisley Crab House after anyway. Yum. There is a small gift shop. Worth the 30 minute drive from the Cape.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank Susan M

Kells, Ireland
74 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 125 helpful votes
“enjoyable family afternoon”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

we spent the afternoon here with our 5 year old boy and 6 week old daughter. It was an enjoyable and informative tour. The bus was a little crowded and slightly uncomfortable.
My son enjoyed seeing the little alligator being brought onboard the bus.
I have been before and will more than likely return on our next visit to the Punta Gorda Area.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Joeanne M
Illinois
153 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 143 helpful votes
“Take the tour”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

My family took this tour with a 16 year old and a 10 year old. We took the special tour with dinner, stories from those working on the ranch, and then a bus trip through the area. We saw wild hogs, alligators, and a variety of birds. The tour guides were extremely knowledgeable on the plant life and wildlife in SW Florida. In addition, despite going at a "dry" time, we could easily see the "wet" season and the impact. My kids found it interesting - and there's a special surprise (which I don't want to spoil) that really leaves an impact with a certain animal (at least for our tour). A great way to spend a few hours with managed wilderness not far from civilization.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Dfcameron
Bokeelia, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“My favorite bus ride ever!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Had my youth been filled with days going to school where each morning was an adventure just getting to school, I would have been a better student! I'm kidding to a point, but seriously, I had not been on a bus in years, and this reminded me of the old days when I was still a kid. The bus our journey begins on in the Babcock Ranch has no windows, is painted a military green, almost camouflage, and not even a windshield! A group of about 24 of us departed and we rode around for about an hour and a half with an informative tour director, that loved her job and the things she was describing to us. We saw first hand the old ways of raising the calves that are world renowned , the village and the work buildings still in use from years past, the various wild creatures that inhabit the ranch lands and are now somewhat familiar with the drill of some tossed out snacks from the driver. I suspect that the tour will present different creatures and different plant life depending upon the time of year you visit. It is mid winter, dry season on my day, and that means things are more apt to be out that require heat from the sun and more localization due to less abundant water supplies. The term Old Florida is tossed around often, and I am guilty of that myself. This does represent a simpler time, and more dangerous time when pioneers claimed the lands and fought the discomforts of nature. The little displays scattered about are informative, and just interesting and offer a great alternative to the themed modern attractions . There is much to be said for history and nature, and this is a place to experience both in a very fun way. Highly recommended to everyone looking for a bit of an adventure!
There are clean rest rooms, a nice gift shop, free parking and a restaurant that was closed the day I visited but in season should be open.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank Wister
Englewood, Florida
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Great for Tourists to see Wildlife”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and myself visited Babcock Ranch about 15 years ago. We enjoyed it and saw a wide variety of wildlife. We really like riding in that big truck with the big wheels. Flowers and trees were very pretty too along the ride.

Visited January 2013