“Lovely tour”

Babcock Ranch Preserve
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Me and my 3year old son took this tour one morning. It was a lovely way to spend time together and we got to see some wildlife, my son was fascinated when they brought in the little alligator onto the bus. The staff were very friendly and we seen so much wildlife and got a history of the Ranch which was quite interesting!
I think when we return to the area i shall bring my husband along too, it is a lovely relaxing family tour!

2  Thank Joeanne M
in 4 reviews
"shooting range"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed January 11, 2011

Do not waste your time or your money going here. Especially if you're a tourist and only have a short time to be here. Luckily, I live here so it didn't ruin a vacation day.

There is nothing special about this supposed "tour". You ride around in a schoolbus looking at empty fields, and cows and pigs, and then you get to walk around for 5 minutes and look at some trees, and then you get to look at a small alligator that has been inhaling exhaust for the entire trip. They keep it in a cage attached to the back of the bus, right above the exhaust pipe!! Weird.

I'll put it this way.......you can do everything that this tour does on your own for free. Take a drive down zemel road, or any road in that area. Thats basically the same thing as the tour, but they charge you for it. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME.

14  Thank rohnerju
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Babcock Wildlife Adventure is middle of nowhere. Bit difficult to find - the signs are too small for tourists. Please make them bigger !
We were well served and this is a very good quick look for Floridan wildlife and nature. You will be driving with a camouflage school bus and driver will stop every now and then for letting you take photos. We saw alligators, cows, horses, cougars and all kinds of birds - real swamp with water and without. Narration was informative and humorous - we had many good laughs.
There is a restaurant at the starting/arriving point together with souvenir shop.
I would recommend this adventure for families with kids and people who want to explore the nature in short time.

2  Thank Roinila
Reviewed March 17, 2008

We were visting friends in Port Charlotte for a week in March 2008. We spent most of our time on the boat or at the beach, but this tour was a nice relaxing break. I really enjoyed the tour. Our friends had never been on this tour before, but they are planning on taking other friends on the tour in the future. We thought it was reasonably priced and I enjoyed seeing the alligators, being from the upper midwest, I don't ever get to see these animals in nature. I would also highly recommend this tour for kids. The kids in our tour group seem to really enjoy it. We also got to pet a small alligator, a highlight for the kids!

3  Thank In-the-Northwoods
See more reviews
Reviewed February 7, 2008

If you happen to be one of the unfortunate few who's parents kept them in a small box or closet your entire life, and you've never seen the light of day, until a DCFS agent, tipped off by a suspicious neighbor, came into free you, this tour may be right for you.

This "ecotour" takes you to see wildlife such as cows, horses, and pigs.

This takes up more than half of the trip.

For you, who has never seen the light of day, I'm sure this will be an amazing experience.

They bill themselves as an "ecotour", and then take you to see their destructive practices of deforestation, sod farming (you have never seen ANYTHING like a SOD FARM!), and cattle raising.

After this tour, I actually felt a little bit dumber.

For those of us who didn't grow up in a closet, the only way I can imagine this tour being the slightest bit interesting, is if you were Jim Morrison-high. I'm talking Elvis-Pressley-before-he-died-on- the-toilet-high.

As of now, I am one ecotour closer to death.

18  Thank coultermitchell500